David S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
V1 Rotate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find in the rulebook what those doors are for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to show the other colors for sake of showing who's the...um...crap, what's the word.

The guy in charge of the refugia, in cases of ties.

Okay, this is what I get for answering off the top of my head.

I tried.

Someone with a rulebook handy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretogenote? (player who "rules" given refugia)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ding ding!

We have a winner!

Do you want what's behind curtain number 3, or what's in the box?

Thanks. That was bugging me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also the order manna cubes are removed during a purge (green star) event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
misioooo wrote:

That doesn't seem to make sense. Some refugia have 2 dots, others have none at all. I was thinking maybe starting catalysts in the refugia, but it seems like the dots are only filling out the colors not used on cubes. But why would you mark that? And the turn order only marks 3 colors, not 4, so why would you need 4 colors to mark progenote?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
the above post is correct. The refugia don't start with those manna, it's merely to decide who is in charge and the order in which ordered manna come off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
misioooo wrote:

That doesn't seem to make sense. Some refugia have 2 dots, others have none at all. I was thinking maybe starting catalysts in the refugia, but it seems like the dots are only filling out the colors not used on cubes. But why would you mark that? And the turn order only marks 3 colors, not 4, so why would you need 4 colors to mark progenote?

The ones with 2 dots are the colors not found in the manna on the refugia, those without dots have all 4 colors represented by the manna. That way if you're playing on a refugia with only yellow and green manna and the blue and red player are tied with bionts and catalysts, you know who the progenote is.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.