Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ask figuring the answer is almost certainly no, but is the Ed Beach who designed Here I Stand the same Ed Beach who is the Lead Designer of the Civilization VI, the computer game? The picture on BGG is grainy enough that it could conceivably be the same person.

In the unlikely case that it is true, that's a pretty amazing career in game design, to reach the pinnacle of two completely separate mediums. Even if not, they've both done pretty well for themselves in terms of design.

I know Ed himself hangs around on the forums occasionally. Maybe he'll chime in here to clear this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krister Dahlgren
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It sure is! Hopefully he'll get back a bit to boardgames now that Civ 6 is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Same dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's amazing. I haven't bitten the bullet yet, but I think it's time to check out Civ VI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unitoch wrote:
Wow, that's amazing. I haven't bitten the bullet yet, but I think it's time to check out Civ VI.

My eldest son is a big Civ fan and says Civ VI looks like it contains many Beach-y elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had to click on this thread because of the bizarre title...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.