13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis» Forums » General

Subject: Agenda cards - Public Opinion missing card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Isaksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no agenda card for the +1 Aftermath but two for defcon +/-, is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skjold Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi,

I am not sure I understand the question so bare with me and ask again if I'm off.

No, you don't have Agenda cards for Alliances, Television or UN (purple battlegrounds). Dominating these awards you end of round abilities and not Prestige.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Isaksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
megalomane wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure I understand the question so bare with me and ask again if I'm off.

No, you don't have Agenda cards for Alliances, Television or UN (purple battlegrounds). Dominating these awards you end of round abilities and not Prestige.

I have these:

Are you saying those shouldn't be there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hi, all three of those cards are used, and there should be 13 total Agenda cards at the start of the game. The two identical World Opinion Agenda cards you have will affect that defcon track in the same way the two Political and two Military defcon Agenda cards affect their tracks. All six of the defcon track Agenda cards have a typo on them that understandably may have been throwing you off. The lower paragraph (on all six) should read:

Dominating player receives Prestige equal to difference in DEFCON steps +1

The Personal Letter Agenda card does *indirectly* tie into the United Nations battleground, in that the winner of that battleground would be holding the letter itself when the Agenda cards are awarded for that round and thus also win that Agenda (had it been selected as one of the two for that round). But the two aren't directly related, in so far as if neither player won that battleground, the player holding the letter would still win that Agenda.

Hope this makes sense (and I haven't made any mistakes). Check out the FAQ forum posting here for more on the typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Isaksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhinoceros wrote:
Hi, all three of those cards are used, and there should be 13 total Agenda cards at the start of the game. The two identical World Opinion Agenda cards you have will affect that defcon track in the same way the two Political and two Military defcon Agenda cards affect their tracks. All six of the defcon track Agenda cards have a typo on them that understandably may have been throwing you off. The lower paragraph (on all six) should read:

Dominating player receives Prestige equal to difference in DEFCON steps +1

The Personal Letter Agenda card does *indirectly* tie into the United Nations battleground, in that the winner of that battleground would be holding the letter itself when the Agenda cards are awarded for that round and thus also win that Agenda (had it been selected as one of the two for that round). But the two aren't directly related, in so far as if neither player won that battleground, the player holding the letter would still win that Agenda.

Hope this makes sense (and I haven't made any mistakes). Check out the FAQ forum posting here for more on the typo.

So there is not suppose to one for the alliances battleground then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is not, correct. There is no Agenda card for any of those three World Opinion battlegrounds - they are all separate from the Agendas.

In step 5, the winner of the Television bg gets to escalate or deflate any one of their defcon tracks by one step. The winner of United Nations bg receives the Personal Letter card if they don't already own it. The winner of Alliances bg gets to draw the next card from the Strategy deck and decide whether to add it (face down) to the Aftermath hidden stack or discard it (face up).

Then in step 6, the Agenda cards are revealed. The six defcon Agendas (including the two World Opinion cards) are resolved via their individual tracks, and the difference in steps on those relevant tracks, and not through any of the World Opinion battlegrounds at all. And the Personal Letter Agenda would be awarded to the player who holds the Personal Letter card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skjold Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi!

Now I got your question, thx.

Rhinoceros explains it very well so no need for me to repeat.
The Agenda card breakdown is:

2x Military (orange) DEFCON
2x Political (green) DEFCON
2x World Opinion (purple) DEFCON
1x Berlin, 1x Atlantic, 1x Cuba military battleground
1x Italy, 1x Turkey, 1x Cuba political battleground
1x Personal Letter

As you noticed the purple world opinion battlegrounds are a special case that awards end of round abilities, not Prestige (theough the purple DEFCON could).

Have fun with the game. And be careful not triggering nuclear war on your first play!:p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.