The Hotness has gone cold...
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 119.93

7,233 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Axl Zombie
msg tools
I'm really kicking myself for not getting The Works edition. No Mousers....no beebop/rocksteady.

Does anyone know if there are plans to sell these separately later on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Bebop & Rocksteady will be in City Fall. The Mousers are rumored in some form for the Splinter hero pack. Neither of these have anything close to a street date yet, but they *will* be in retail at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They did state during the KS that only the sculpts and the exclusive mission would not be available retail.
Based on the praise this is getting, I would expect a second KS soon, and much more heading to retail very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
I would expect a second KS soon

They gave the impression that all future content will go straight to retail without KS. I hope they change their mind, but that is their latest stated stance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Pigg
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Ghool wrote:

They gave the impression that all future content will go straight to retail without KS. I hope they change their mind, but that is their latest stated stance.

Just curious, but why do you hope they change their mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Ghool wrote:

I got the same impression.

However, I hope they stay away from Kickstarter. Too often the service is used in a way that it isn't intended and the exclusive bonus bait is sometimes disappointing. I personally prefer a retail experience to a Kickstarter experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max LaChance
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I tend to prefer KS over Retail because A) it guarantees me it as soon as it's ready.

B) IT's sometimes cheaper.

C) I get to feel more engaged with the material and the creators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
masterpigg wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:
Ghool wrote:

Just curious, but why do you hope they change their mind?

I tend to follow KS a little closer than other sources, so if an expansion I care about is released on KS, I'm more likely to know it exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
mbmb
For the tmnt geeks out there... Realistically am I ever gonna see a leatherhead character? How long? Easily my favourite character!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Looshkinx wrote:
For the tmnt geeks out there... Realistically am I ever gonna see a leatherhead character? How long? Easily my favourite character!

Leatherhead is probably years away. The game is based on the comics, and Leatherhead doesn't really show up until after issue #55. There are several proposed expansions (City Fall, Mutanimals, Dimension X, Vengeance, perhaps more) before that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saud M.
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Ghool wrote:

The reason there won't be any more Kickstarter campaigns is because Nickelodeon (the IP owner) have only agreed to approve one KS only. So it's not in IDW Games' hands.

Personally, I wish they can convince them to do more. As a fan, I like all the extra stuff we get. Like the exclusive box(es) with Kevin Eastman's art. And they really handeled it well with exclusives - only sculpts are exclusive, so the characters will eventually find their way to others. KS campaigns also help to improve the product with extra stuff and more quality components even for the retails version. So it's a win-win on both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.