5 Posts

Evolution: Flight» Forums » General

Subject: Room in the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Natale
msg tools
mb
Is there enough room in the box for an entire set of the base cards, as well? Since the extra deck of base cards is only $7, I'm considering getting one to stick with it so I don't have to separate the deck constantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I guess if you took out the insert, there most likely would be enough room. With the insert, I think it would be pretty tough.

Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Natale
msg tools
mb
Thanks, Bruce! I got the extra deck from the Climate Kickstarter and tucked it with my Climate conversion kit, so I was curious about Flight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I think the Climate box will fit A TON of extra stuff, but not so much with Flight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet C.
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
Also as a heads up, the insert fits the cards quite snugly. My Mayday green sleeves are slightly too large. I try to store my cards at a slight angle and split them up along the dividers in the tray, but the corners of my sleeves are all bent now. I'm considering making my own foam core insert as I've seen online. For now, the bent sleeves haven't really affected anything.

While I'm on the topic o game design, I wish the logos for the food and climate were anywhere but the bottom right corner. As a right-handle person, I can only ever see the top card's icons when I splay my hand clockwise. Of course, lefties would have the same problem if the icons switched to the left. I wish they were directly below the name of the card or featured in a top corner (I'd vote left). Of course this would probably decrease the aesthetic of each card, but would increase the design of the game.

These are my only two items of critical feedback for this whole game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.