Subject: Eric Parker ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Can anyone tell me what is his special ability? The french version of this card is so badly translated that I am not sure. Im guessing other players at his location dont have to roll the red die I guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly it is that when you LEAVE a location he is at you do not have to roll for exposure.

I don't really know the thematic explanation for it though. He is "The Coach" ... maybe he causes a distraction of some sort? Or gave you steroids for the trip? lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrice Bolduc
Canada
flag msg tools
Oh nice ty , got the french version too soblue
and yeah it is translate really bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Tu viens de quel coin Patrice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
NON-COLONY: All survivors that share a location with Eric may move from his location without rolling for exposure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NON-COLONY is important. If it weren't for this, Eric would be much stronger. He's not terrible though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Quote:
NON-COLONY: All survivors that share a location with Eric may move from his location without rolling for exposure.

Does Eric's ability also allows himself a safe move when he is at a non-colony location.
I mean: He is a "survivor" and he also "shares a location with Eric [=himself]"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would think so. Otherwise it probably would have said, "All other survivors..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually have never permitted Eric to use his own ability. This has always been a weird card to me. I find it impossible to "share" anything with yourself as sharing implies a joint cohabitation or ownership of something. You can't really jointly inhabit a space with yourself.

I was always under the impression that it was a case of "those who cannot do, teach." Though he seems capable from the artwork, I find the use of the word "share" suspect.

I also find it unlikely that he has a better version of the courier's ability (the same one except other people in his location get free moves that also exclude frostbite too). And if you have the base game, it's even better than the Truck driver's ability... which seems odd seeing as how that guy has a truck.

Hmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I never took the word "shared" literally. I figured it was just a poorly worded way of saying, "All survivors on Eric's location may move from that location without rolling for exposure."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely understand that. I just instinctively felt as if "shared" was a weird word choice if it didn't imply something else. Otherwise I figured the ability would be along the lines of:

NON-COLONY: All survivors at Eric's location may move from his location without rolling for exposure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.