Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote a letter to President Obama yesterday, thanking him for his service, and letting him know that he has inspired me by his example.

This is something that I was planning to do regardless of the outcome this week, but it felt even more necessary after the results came in.

I would invite anyone else to do the same, especially if you have a new-found appreciation for a President that our children can look up to and admire.

Note to Trumpists: I drink your snark for breakfast. It gives me life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Obama did an ok job, he had to deal with a completely uncooperative House after his first two years which made governing basically impossible. He concentrated on doing his job, which isn't a bad thing really, but he ignored the politics.

Obama's last several years were not about running a government. The Republicans made it a political war and Obama didn't fight, he just did his job and nobody noticed or cared. The historians will certainly rank him as a better president than Bush, but the ACA is going to get wiped out now so that leaves him with no real legacy.

He'll exit the office with no real accomplishment other than being the first black president and I find that kind of sad. I don't think it had to be that way, I think it is because he wasn't willing to get dirty and roll around in the mud with the Republicans. Maybe nothing would have came of doing it, but nothing came of not doing it either so it seems like he should have given it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
I wrote a letter to President Obama yesterday, thanking him for his service, and letting him know that he has inspired me by his example.

This is the same thing my 2nd grade daughter did in her class. Do your parents know you post here in RSP ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
I think it is because he wasn't willing to get dirty and roll around in the mud with the Republicans. Maybe nothing would have came of doing it, but nothing came of not doing it either so it seems like he should have given it a shot.

What I mean by this is that he needed to attack. Getting shit done is about the politics of it, not letting the house and senate push you around. The president has the biggest podium in the entire world, if he drives his bus into podunk oklahoma to talk shit about some punk ass guy in the house who is causing trouble, the entire world is watching.

Set up your PAC and run in 365 days a year, gathering money, running ads, hammering hammering hammering away. Every time your opponents call you out for campaigning just own it. They name you campaigner in chief, put that on the side of your fucking bus and hold a rally outside their house. A lot of people won't like you, but who gives a fuck. No one will doubt you are serious about getting shit done.

I just don't understand why a president wouldn't operate that way. Give all the administrative shit jobs to your cabinet, your job is to be the face of the party and campaign. Drive the entire party the direction you want it to go, don't let anyone else dictate the terms. That is what the presidential office needs to become, the campaigner in chief. Franklin Roosevelt is an example of a guy like that, a man who went directly to the people. The world has changed so much since then, however, and the ease in which a president can communicate to the voters means he or she could wield a truly astonishing amount of power in modern politics if the right person came along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
sfox wrote:
He'll exit the office with no real accomplishment other than being the first black president and I find that kind of sad.

Hey, don't be too hard on the guy. It takes a special kind of person to win a Nobel Peace Prize AND bomb seven countries while occupying the White House.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Did you thank Barry for making fun of Trump at that White House dinner?

Thanks, Obama!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:

Mr pot meet mr kettle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.