Hide
16 Posts

Ave Roma» Forums » General

Subject: Any Americans receive this yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Tyler
msg tools
I didn't kickstart, but placed an order during the pre-order period. I haven't received a copy yet. I know the shipment was delayed to the US. Has anyone received their copy already in the United States?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Garcia
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Texas, here. I haven't even received an email from ShipNaked indicating that they've processed the package. I did Kickstart it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleveland Ohio here. Got an invoice in the mail a month back then bupkis. Thought I heard something about putting orders to the states on the wrong ship or something like that. Maybe some one in Uruguay is happily playing my game right now. Then I have a game with disheveled contents to look forward to as so many have reported on another thread. Honestly, it's felt like, "Oh we've got your money? Good luck with the rest chump." Hey, but that's ok, its Fall now so I won't need a ladder to go get more money from my money tree in my back yard. I'm so looking forward to their next Kickstarter campaign so I can back another one of their games and once again feel like a solid jackass. Now I know why they call it Kickstarter. You start by backing a game so you can later feel like kicking yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
Cleveland Ohio here. Got an invoice in the mail a month back then bupkis. Thought I heard something about putting orders to the states on the wrong ship or something like that. Maybe some one in Uruguay is happily playing my game right now. Then I have a game with disheveled contents to look forward to as so many have reported on another thread. Honestly, it's felt like, "Oh we've got your money? Good luck with the rest chump." Hey, but that's ok, its Fall now so I won't need a ladder to go get more money from my money tree in my back yard. I'm so looking forward to their next Kickstarter campaign so I can back another one of their games and once again feel like a solid jackass. Now I know why they call it Kickstarter. You start by backing a game so you can later feel like kicking yourself.

If you are new to Kickstarter, then I can understand your feelings. Let me just say that this project was estimated to ship in September, so it's only two months late. For Kickstarter, that is way above average. I have backed projects from 2012 and 2013 that haven't been fulfilled completely yet.

That's not an excuse. It's just providing some context. The point is that Kickstarter projects experience all sorts of delays and challenges that the project creators didn't (and couldn't have) anticipate(d). If this ends up delivering to US customers before Christmas, I'd say it's a full success, all things considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keven
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my game in Canada a month ago, pretty good! The packaging inside is really bad tho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

If you are new to Kickstarter, then I can understand your feelings. Let me just say that this project was estimated to ship in September, so it's only two months late. For Kickstarter, that is way above average. I have backed projects from 2012 and 2013 that haven't been fulfilled completely yet.

That's not an excuse. It's just providing some context. The point is that Kickstarter projects experience all sorts of delays and challenges that the project creators didn't (and couldn't have) anticipate(d). If this ends up delivering to US customers before Christmas, I'd say it's a full success, all things considered.

This is probably my 20th KS. The stuff about the fulfillment time is a little tongue & cheek. What isn't tongue & cheek is all the reports of damaged contents in the box many BGG'ers are reporting:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3197667
All my KS's have arrived in pristine condition which is remarkable. The pictures being posted from a thread concerned about the condition of components inside the box upon delivery looks like a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Tyler
msg tools
This would be my second kickstarted product (both of which I ordered after the campaign finished). Hands in the Sea was greatly delayed and it was missing pieces, but it is a beautiful game and was very well packaged. I ordered pretty late in the process, so I didn't have to wait that long actually. Will see when this arrives in what shape it arrives in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:

This is probably my 20th KS. The stuff about the fulfillment time is a little tongue & cheek. What isn't tongue & cheek is all the reports of damaged contents in the box many BGG'ers are reporting:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3197667
All my KS's have arrived in pristine condition which is remarkable. The pictures being posted from a thread concerned about the condition of components inside the box upon delivery looks like a mess.

I hear you on that. Delays are one thing. Game arriving with any kind of damage, even just cosmetic, are something else. Fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes It is getting really frustrating, no word nor update. A-Games the publisher is saying in the KS comments that Ship naked is not responding to their request for updates neither. There must be something wrong in customs is my guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
yes It is getting really frustrating, no word nor update. A-Games the publisher is saying in the KS comments that Ship naked is not responding to their request for updates neither. There must be something wrong in customs is my guess.

I think I know what the "A" in A-Games stands for... Absentshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hobbs
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email yesterday from Ship Naked for another Kickstarter that I backed (Villages of Valeria).
The game is currently in customs and the email informed me that they will soon be receiving the game for fulfillment and they will send me a tracking number when they receive and process it.

Yet, I haven't received any notice from Ship Naked on Ave Roma which we've been told has been in their hands for a couple of weeks now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jchobbs wrote:
I got an email yesterday from Ship Naked for another Kickstarter that I backed (Villages of Valeria).
The game is currently in customs and the email informed me that they will soon be receiving the game for fulfillment and they will send me a tracking number when they receive and process it.

Yet, I haven't received any notice from Ship Naked on Ave Roma which we've been told has been in their hands for a couple of weeks now.

You would think that A-Games would at the very least release an update to inform backers what's going on. All I hear are crickets. When Kickstarters have been mysteriously delayed in the past, in a lot of instances backers go ape shit on BGG forums. This has not been the case for Ave Roma and I'm wondering why. I'm also beginning to wonder if we'll actually be getting a game at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domi Krantz
Hungary
Nagytarcsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that a new update has been posted on kickstarter regarding US shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I know I've been doing a lot of griping on this thread, but I do believe in being fair & honest. Yesterday I did receive an email notice from Shipnaked:

"Your order has been uploaded to our system and will be shipping in the future once campaign processing is finished and product has been received from the manufacturer."

So I'm just going to hold my piece...for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.