Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm new to trades. Someone has offered to purchase one of my games that I have for trade. I'm good with this, but I'm not entirely certain how I handle this through BGG.

Quote:
Trades
Listings in the Trades forum may specify that they will also accept cash offers. In that case, they should note that sales will go through the Marketplace.

Does this mean I need to add the game to the marketplace and then notify the buyer of the listing?

I apologize if I'm posting to the wrong forum. Just new to this whole process and want to make sure BGG gets the 3% commission.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaultBoy wrote:
Quote:
Trades
Listings in the Trades forum may specify that they will also accept cash offers. In that case, they should note that sales will go through the Marketplace.

Does this mean I need to add the game to the marketplace and then notify the buyer of the listing?

Yup, this is the preferred way to handle direct sales facilitated through BGG. It enables leaving feedback and standardizes the process, adds to the game's price history, and allows BGG to claim rights to a commission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.