Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the members of FB group posted this today with a following description:

Quote:
Some guy on 4chan got this in his armor kit bundle (check the sprue labels on the top right and bottom left)

Anyone else got the bundle and can confirm they got it too, or did he get lucky like the one guy that got a plastic Storm Knight by accident?

I thought I'll just leave it here. Let the shitstorm begin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They await the King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MrTommyH
United Kingdom
London
--
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Honestly if it is released in this kickstarter for a higher price I'm fine with that.
The expansion sounded great (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
An alternate hypothesis is that there will be a continuation of the previous model: single-monster expansions that add-in on LY(x). The King and the Scribe might well be a campaign format like Dragon King or the Sunstalker.

If the assets for some of the LFestival were nailed down before the project got the axe, there wouldn't be much reason to scuttle the whole thing and tell the shippers to dump the plastic into the ocean.

So, perhaps, perhaps, future expacs are near and ready to go.

Or they might have gotten an old sample from the printer mixed in with the packaging. Just raining on the parade here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
TehRochi wrote:
Honestly if it is released in this kickstarter for a higher price I'm fine with that.

So how exactly was the lantern festival expansion suppose to play? Sorry, im new to KDM, just wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
hoboextreme wrote:
TehRochi wrote:

So how exactly was the lantern festival expansion suppose to play? Sorry, im new to KDM, just wondering.

The "idea" was an extension to year 40 with two bosses: The King and the Scribe. I think. There really isn't much to go on, because of the radio silence from Poots on the matter before the cancellation.

There are a few interviews of him at GenCon2016 talking about the idea and what he didn't like about it, but very little solid evidence of what was supposed to occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam

Indiana
msg tools
mb
If the game ever progresses beyond the watcher, I think it would be very cool if the watcher became a huntable monster. Your survivors would know the secret and actively seek them out. Watcher armor kit and gear would become a thing. This would definetly draw the scribe and the king's attention.

But anyway, LF weapons look cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Big Game Hunters were involved, too.

Other than that, Poots declared that there would have been focus on °towns° instead of settlements, whatever they might be.

We also know that there was the possibility that some "invasion mode" could have been implemented in LF, or somewhere else (humans fighting other humans).

And, since Poots said that in the cancellation, the game was rather dull, because no new sets and/or quarries were to be implemented in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyGCiv wrote:
If the game ever progresses beyond the watcher, I think it would be very cool if the watcher became a huntable monster. Your survivors would know the secret and actively seek them out. Watcher armor kit and gear would become a thing. This would definetly draw the scribe and the king's attention.

But anyway, LF weapons look cool.

Oh, you also could make a cloak out of a watcher's cloak, like the ones for the twilight knights.

My .02 about hunting the Watcher: that would take away from it the last shred of dignity. The poor guy has already been massacred before being fully formed, pelted with Founding Stones, skinned to make a cloak, ganked by the survivors that you actually DON'T bring to the fight. Let that poor soul go to the next world without having to suffer hunt packs that go settlement after settlement getting rid of it for them (like some sort of nightmare horror pest control).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam

Indiana
msg tools
mb
Alessio, I'm still holding out that 1.4 might shake things up for the Watcher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hope so

Anyway, I would leave the ol'raincoat alone and go for other high-level quarries. Lion God does not fit the role a lot because it only gives item-made-after-event resources (and iron, I have to say, lots of iron) - we would need some down-to-earth, overpowered, gear-crafting-capable quarries for the following years, and I have to say, I don't know how much interesting is to drag the game A LOT after LY25. Maybe reworking the timeline completely to have the Watcher at LY20 and proceeding up to LY30?

Oh, who knows, these are things that must be playtested thoroughly to know if they work or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the game could get very interesting after LY25 if it were extended to a macro level. New elements to the game would have to be added. I have no idea of how the game would work with multiple settlements but the idea of it interests me a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TehRochi wrote:

That would piss off a whole lot of people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, high on my list of 1.4 hopes is a watcher fight that's exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
dorktron2000 wrote:
TehRochi wrote:

That would piss off a whole lot of people.

Ha. Yeah. And then they will still buy two copies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I'm already doing campaigns in both (and hoping for actually challenging bosses- about to fight Dragon Dad), but it would be nice for the neutral one to be exciting, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bush
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking that everyone that got the armor kit recently offered received this. It was the second half of a sprue that contained the spider silk armor kit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
That's really weird because my spider silk expansion armour kit definitely didn't have that sprue part. That mace like weapon and swords are entirely missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Edwards
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I got the same sprue in the armor kit bundle. I assume everyone did.

I the armor kit bundle because the price per sprue seemed reasonable. I have learned a lot since I assembled the original armor sets about what armor and weapons I like and how I can pose them. I can try new combinations I like better.

I also don't know if Poots might go a different direction with the minis design with the kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.