Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weather in the DFW area is forecast to be wonderful for the week of BGG!

Here is a link to the current 10-day forecast, which covers now through Sunday, Nov. 20th.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX0328

No significant rain chances, especially important for travelers and setup & teardown, and things look great for the disc golf, geocaching, Pokemon Go, and the marathon runners!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is super helpful, thanks Amy!

meeple

I'm expecting it to be hot af inside the hotel like last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffeeRunner wrote:

Thanks for the tip - I was wondering what sort of inside weather to expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
CoffeeRunner wrote:

Thanks for the tip - I was wondering what sort of inside weather to expect.

Yup, you heard it here first wifwendell. Closed toe shoes and sweaters strictly optional indoors. Light tees and tanks suggested. The back wargame/18xx rooms stay moderately cool in comparison to the rest of the con. No doubt because we revolutionaries/barons siege/takeover the thermostats. Or we're just that cool. And really thank god for that because we're probably the most likely sorts to forget deodorant. Whoops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks amazing! I haven't forgotten that especially wet and cold con from a couple of years back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I always get cold inside the hotel some days, and feel warm on others. So I carry a sweater around most of the time.

One year when it was warm inside, a quick break outside was rejuvenating.

The humidity looks low according to that forecast, and I am happy to escape a warm front that will hit Houston while I am at BGG.con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Devers
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, some of the smaller or less occupied rooms get cold. I too like to have a sweater handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:
Agreed, some of the smaller or less occupied rooms get cold. I too like to have a sweater handy.

I'm from Seattle. I think every top I own is a sweater! I'm wearing sweaters if I like it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Dallas, and it has been fantastic the last few days, almost exactly what is showing on the forecast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Roberts
United States
LaVergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will be glad to see nice weather in Dallas. Its been kind of chilly (well cold enough that you can set drinks on the balcony and keep them cold).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffeeRunner wrote:
1 Family Meeple wrote:

I'm from Seattle. I think every top I own is a sweater! I'm wearing sweaters if I like it or not.

I visited Seattle recently - loved it there! Nice city you have.

And yes, layers are the way to go at the con, for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
It looks amazing! I haven't forgotten that especially wet and cold con from a couple of years back.
White knuckle driving five hours home as I remember it. A lot of us southrons can't drive well in the cold stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Brubakken
United States
Topeka
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amy1355 wrote:
Weather in the DFW area is forecast to be wonderful for the week of BGG!

Here is a link to the current 10-day forecast, which covers now through Sunday, Nov. 20th.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX0328

No significant rain chances, especially important for travelers and setup & teardown, and things look great for the disc golf, geocaching, Pokemon Go, and the marathon runners!

Cool , I was hoping to wear shorts. More room for games in my luggage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:
Trump wrote:
White knuckle driving five hours home as I remember it. A lot of us southrons can't drive well in the cold stuff.

I'm from the Chicago area and that drive back to OKC was nerve racking. I remember north of Denton, a pickup without working wipers, driver's head out the window, merging blindly in front of a semi, that I was passing with another semi behind me.

I still don't understand how we all lived through that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Teleklos wrote:
Trump wrote:

I'm from the Chicago area and that drive back to OKC was nerve racking. I remember north of Denton, a pickup without working wipers, driver's head out the window, merging blindly in front of a semi, that I was passing with another semi behind me.

I've got some bad news for you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiwolf wrote:
okiedokie wrote:
Teleklos wrote:
Trump wrote:

I've got some bad news for you...

OMG! Dwayne is just like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense!

I'm willing to bet that this is the first time he's been compared to Bruce Willis, but.... Hey, Dwayne, how do you feel about flying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rhodes
msg tools
Bigger on the Outside
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:
Trump wrote:

El Nina ain't havin' none of that S**t
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.