Rise of the Kage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ninja Deck Card "Friends" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the ninja player play the card "Friends" onto any guard on the board, regardless where that ninja's or the guard's current position is? It says: "Remove the alerted state of a guard." We had the situation, when I played this card with one of my ninja, who was on the other side of the board as the targeted guard, who was alerted at that time and became unalerted due to that card. Is that valid or does the Ninja have to be near the guard to affect him? We thought it would be valid, because the card doesn't have any restrictions in its text. Are we right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Maniac wrote:
Can the ninja player play the card "Friends" onto any guard on the board, regardless where that ninja's or the guard's current position is? It says: "Remove the alerted state of a guard." We had the situation, when I played this card with one of my ninja, who was on the other side of the board as the targeted guard, who was alerted at that time and became unalerted due to that card. Is that valid or does the Ninja have to be near the guard to affect him? We thought it would be valid, because the card doesn't have any restrictions in its text. Are we right?

I'm sure you played it right. While it's nice to try and play as thematically as possible, many of the cards are just there to mess with the opposition in devious ways, regardless of how logical the scenario might be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Yeah, we think about that in many games, if this or that occurance is really thematic, that's why we were a bit unsure about this card. However this didn't bother us; we had a great time with this game and look forward to the next session!ninjacool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Glad you're enjoying it. Ben's right it can be played anywhere.

Thematics in our head is that the KKZ's influence reaches far and is insidious. This was a guard bought for silver moons or a threat perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.