6 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Organizing the cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Mitic
Australia
flag msg tools
So this is my first ever LCG. I've organised the class decks. Have my neutral cards and weaknesses together.
What about the rest of the set?
What's going to be the most efficient way to organize the the act specific cards, locations and other monsters,etc?
Please help. I have about 25 piles of cards on my table and I'm not sure how to best store then

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Metcalf
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Since the scenarios require you to gather card sets by icon, I would store all individual cards by icon, and not necessarily by type.

For example, rather than all monsters together, separate them into monster types (rats, ghouls, etc.) which will make gathering the sets for a scenario a lot easier.

Once you have your several piles of cards, you could then store all act sets together (with a separator or something) and all monsters together (with another separator) and so on.

This is how I'm going to be organising my sets, not sure how it'll work in practice though but should be quite organised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, like Lord of the Rings, every scenario is made up of cards in sets.

The sets are denoted by icons above the named type of the card near the center of the card (bottom of the art). For instance, Treachery or Location, etc.

In the lower right, you will also see numbers x of y.

This will tell you how many cards should exist with that icon in a particular set.

When you setup the first scenario, you'll see the instructions in the scenario guide tell you to build the decks with each icon sets. You'll just follow the directions from there.

No need to separate each set by actual type. In most cases, you'll shuffle most or all cards of types together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Nygaard
msg tools
I have made this thread yesterday with my personal storage solution. This has worked well for the entire core set, and I assume it'll work well throughout the entire game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1670123/another-storage-sol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep all the scenario cards together (the Scenario Reference, Agenda, Act, and Location cards) for each scenario (three scenarios, three bags). I chose to assemble each scenario encounter deck as I could. This meant S1 is ready to play, S2 is missing a couple card types, and S3 is missing more. Bag each of these separately (or with the groups above if you prefer). Assemble the two decks you want to have on hand to play and bag them up separately with their investigator card, a player aid card, and the mini card that represents their character. Finally, keep all the cards of the same faction (protector, seeker, etc) together and ordered by card number. Same for weaknesses and neutral cards. Bag these all individually.

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Yes, if you have two Core Sets you can just keep each of the three individual scenarios prebuilt and save yourself a lot of prep time. That's what I'm going to do and keep them stored in deck boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.