3 Posts

Evolution: Climate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario Card "Darwinian Selection" Query. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
I received my cards today and I'm eager to try out some of the Scenario Cards.

BUT...

I have a question about how the discarded cards work.

So, say I have a species and I add two traits to it on a turn. Once we expose those traits, one is found to be a duplicate (whether of an existing trait, or of the other added trait is irrelevant - it's a duplicate).

So, the duplicate gets discarded and a new card is drawn to my hand.

My question is - May I immediately put this new card onto the species if I want to, or do I need to wait until the next turn?

It looks as if the rules say that it just goes into my hand, not into play, but my reasoning is that I had intended to play two traits that turn, and through no fault of my own, I have only been able to play one. I guess there's always the other side of the coin - traits are not always successful in reality, or a species may start to evolve toward a trait and the environment changes such that the evolution is no longer able to be used (eg: evolving toward eating seed grains, but there's a blight and the seed grain is destroyed).

Anyway, I just wanted to get a ruling from Dominic or someone more in the 'know' than I am...

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To be moved to Promo Pack III.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I just spoke to Ben, one of our rules guys, and since the "play traits" part of the turn is over, that is just another card in your hand.

Thematically/from a gameplay perspective, you had a hard shell, and inherited a hard shell, so you still have a hard shell, and to not be punished for that, you also get to draw a card.

Hope this helps!

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.