Formula D» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about corners rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jozwa Maryn
Poland
flag msg tools
new user
1) When I overshoot a corner and next turn I stop in the next corner, does it count?

2) At the end of the game, during my last turn, passing the finish line, can I go whereever I want, ignoring corner rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jozwa Maryn wrote:
1) When I overshoot a corner and next turn I stop in the next corner, does it count?

2) At the end of the game, during my last turn, passing the finish line, can I go whereever I want, ignoring corner rules?

1) Of course. If you overshoot, that's still your stop in that corner. (you can't "skip" stops) If you overshoot INTO another corner, that's still your stop in the previous corner, so you have another stop to do in your current corner.

2) Yes, you don't have to think about what happens after you cross the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. does NOT count.

2. If you crash and burn after crossing the finish line you still won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jozwa Maryn wrote:

1) What do you mean? Does it count for what? If you overshoot, you count the number of spaces you overshot by, regardless of whether it's part of a straight or corner.

You consider stops for each corner separately. The stop you made in the second corner counts as a stop for the second corner only.

2) Do whatever you want as long as you cross the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What they said.

1. Overshooting into a new corner does not count as stopping in that new corner.

2. Just like in real life, once you cross the finish line, it doesn't matter what happens, you already won the race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
What they said.

1. Overshooting into a new corner does not count as stopping in that new corner.

That's not what he said. The NEXT turn, he lands in a new corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Ender02 wrote:
What they said.

I'll admit his question was confusing. Need more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Jozwa Maryn wrote:

1) What do you mean? Does it count for what? If you overshoot, you count the number of spaces you overshot by, regardless of whether it's part of a straight or corner.

You consider stops for each corner separately. The stop you made in the second corner counts as a stop for the second corner only.

1) answer is partly wrong. The stop does not count for the second corner (it can't count both as an overshoot for corner 1 and a stop for corner 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jozwa Maryn
Poland
flag msg tools
new user
Gawain wrote:

Yes, I meant exactly that. The Rules say that moving from one corner to another doesn't count for the latter. I overshoot a corner. Technically I'm now on straight lane, but it counts for the corner (only I have to pay WP).
The next turn I land in the next corner. So I wasn't sure whether it counted then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jozwa Maryn wrote:
Gawain wrote:

Yes, I meant exactly that. The Rules say that moving from one corner to another doesn't count for the latter.

No, they don't say that. They say that OVERSHOOTING into a new corner doesn't count for THAT corner.
Quote:
I overshoot a corner. Technically I'm now on straight lane, but it counts for the corner (only I have to pay WP).

Correct.
Quote:
The next turn I land in the next corner. So I wasn't sure whether it counted then.

It's a new turn, it definitely counts. Doesn't matter if you come from the previous corner or the straight. Only, like mentioned, if you OVERSHOOT into it, since you can't skip a corner stop, nor have one turn count for two stops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jozwa Maryn
Poland
flag msg tools
new user
Gawain wrote:
No, they don't say that. They say that OVERSHOOTING into a new corner doesn't count for THAT corner.

So the previous sentence from the rules, that you can't change lane coming out of a corner, also regards only overshooting? And, without overshooting, I can directly move from one corner to another (stopping within both) and it counts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Papageorgiou
Greece
Larisa
Larisa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jozwa Maryn wrote:
Gawain wrote:

So the previous sentence from the rules, that you can't change lane coming out of a corner, also regards only overshooting? And, without overshooting, I can directly move from one corner to another (stopping within both) and it counts?

Correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jozwa Maryn wrote:
Gawain wrote:

Absolutely! You're never required to stop on the straights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jozwa Maryn
Poland
flag msg tools
new user
Gawain wrote:
Absolutely! You're never required to stop on the straights.

Oh, now I understand. I thought I was supposed to stop between corners. But you're right, that sentence from the rules is placed in "Overshooting" chapter. Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan Keane wrote:
ayejae wrote:
Jozwa Maryn wrote:

1) answer is partly wrong. The stop does not count for the second corner (it can't count both as an overshoot for corner 1 and a stop for corner 2).

Oh sounds like I've been playing this wrong, then. So if you overshoot and land in a second corner, that doesn't count as a stop for the second corner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, because that is your stop in the PREVIOUS corner :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gacy
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say, although I've always played it the way discussed here, it makes me think of a possibility.

What if I didn't need that stop in the first corner (I know this is unlikely)? Could I count it then? (I'm assuming not, but the rational behind it made me think of this option).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
amg100 wrote:
I must say, although I've always played it the way discussed here, it makes me think of a possibility.

What if I didn't need that stop in the first corner (I know this is unlikely)? Could I count it then? (I'm assuming not, but the rational behind it made me think of this option).

What do you mean "I didn't need that stop in the first corner"? If you mean you already stopped in the first corner, then of course your next stop in the 2nd corner, even if your starting place was in the first corner, counts as a stop in the 2nd corner and is not an overshoot.

The easiest way for me to think of it is like this:
You have a list of checkboxes equal to the number of total stops you need to make each lap. When you cross the starting line of the first corner and stop somewhere, check of the first box and take wear if the stop is beyond the ending line of the corner. Continue doing this process, checking off a single box for each stop that is after the starting line of each subsequent corner.

In fact, when I play solo running 10 cards, I use a scratch sheet just like this to track the stops I've made with each car, since it's easy to forget where I'm at with the 2- and 3-stop corners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amg100 wrote:

When we talk about stops in a corner, we always mean REQUIRED stops. If you happen to land a 3rd time in a 2-stop corner, this is not a "stop in a corner".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.