Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we almost ran out of astronauts (because some folks were going for the 8 VP for no rockets). Most games resources are unlimited, but I didn't see anything in a quick scan of the rules.
Just want to verify.

Thanks,
Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Resources are unlimited. In several hundred games I've witnessed, it has happened once that players needed to use something else to represent resources. Occasionally I've seen players run out exactly (both on a resource or astronauts), but then inevitably someone sells one or launches one before another is needed.
Some scoring schemes push this a bit more than others (sufficiency for resources, scarcity for astronauts, in particular).
Hmm, I just searched the rulebook and you are correct it doesn't mention it. That's odd, because I know the line "Resources are not meant to be limited" has appeared in previous rulebook versions. Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gipyls wrote:
Resources are unlimited. In several hundred games I've witnessed, it has happened once that players needed to use something else to represent resources. Occasionally I've seen players run out exactly (both on a resource or astronauts), but then inevitably someone sells one or launches one before another is needed.
Some scoring schemes push this a bit more than others (sufficiency for resources, scarcity for astronauts, in particular).
Hmm, I just searched the rulebook and you are correct it doesn't mention it. That's odd, because I know the line "Resources are not meant to be limited" has appeared in previous rulebook versions. Doh!

It came up as a question during the KS project while we were playing with the PnP editions. You would have answered it there too - but I don't remember seeing it in a rulebook version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.