GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 78.69
33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left
Are the differences between Vinhos and Vinhos Deluxe subtle enough that you could tweak the rules or setup of the former edition to play more as the Deluxe edition? (Not talking components obviously but rules and gameplay)
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
The simple answer is no. The 2016 edition is an entirely different game and at the very least the new multiplier tiles are essential.
The following components required for the 2016 edition are missing from the original:
- The 18 action tiles and 22 multiplier tiles. These would have to be printed off and I don't know the exact distribution.
- The farmers can be added easily using any brown tokens available.
- A 9th region was added that gives you a farmer. You would have to create the 4 vinyard tiles for it.
- The weather tiles were changed to accommodate the 9th region. You can use the original tiles, but region #9 will never satisfy the 'C' judge.
The following major changes to the board need to be printed off or remembered.
- Each player can have 5 estates now, but you can simply place the 5th estate next to your player board. You don't need to worry about the extra player disc, because the 2016 version doesn't need the discs normally used in the bank.
- The bank is removed entirely and the banking action has been replaced with a second "buy vinyards" action.
- The VP distribution for the foreign market has changed entirely.
- The booths in the Wine Fair section are changed.
I think it's possible and even reasonable to print all of this out, but you'd need a thorough understanding of the 2016 rules.
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
Unless I'm mistaken, I think the OP was talking about tweaking the original to play like the Deluxe 2010 vintage. I would have to double check, but it seems like it should be very do-able (provided you supply your own farmer meeples for the one region that includes them).
Edit: I looked in the Rules reference book for the differences, and they are easy to pull in. The only components you would need are 4 estate markers for the new region and 4 farmer meeples for use with that region. All other changes relate to starting Bagos, availability of export slots and enologists (now based on player count), 2-player fair scoring, and a limit on the points the money magnate multiplier gives.
If you are indeed talking about the 2016 Vintage version, then I agree with golden_cow2: it would be way too much trouble to attempt.
- Last edited Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:21 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:44 pm