$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: (3 questions) ancient tiles, vp after battles, can you pass and populate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek DeCoste
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
So me and my buddies are on the second play of the game and have a few questions

1.Lets say you kill an ancient, and than you have the option of taking the victory point or taking the tech/ship part on the bottom of the tile. And you decide you're going to take the ship part(let's say ***hull for example)can you decide to put that in one of your ships immediately, or do you have wait until you use a upgrade action to put that on a ship?

2. I'm pretty sure I read this one in the rule book but just want to make sure, when you battle and collect multiple vp tiles from the bag, do you only keep the best ONE and return the rest to the bag? (For example, you fight and kill an ancient and a enemy interceptor and win. That's three vp, one for battling, and one for each other ship destroyed.) you,d keep the best ONE of the three and Put it on your little vp chart on the left of your player cards?

3. So last night we ran into a question of can you populate and pass in the same turn, since we are fairly new to this we weren't 100% sure if that would be a "action" the rules say you can use your landing ships to populate at any time but we didn't know if that meant only when you're actually doing a action?

Thanks for the help guys/gals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Olson
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can put it on your ship immediately OR keep the ship part aside and upgrade with it later. Just note that if you choose the later and never use it, you don't get the 2 VP.

2. Correct. You only keep one. This might be nit picky, but in your example, you said you got 1 of the 3 Rep Tiles from winning the battle. As long as you don't successfully retreat your remaining forces, you get a Rep Tile for simply being in the battle.

3. You can use your colony ships at anytime during your TURN. Not just when doing an action. Therefore, yes, you can use colony ships even when passing or taking reactions. You can even use them after the battle round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek DeCoste
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
Thanks for the help, I was just about to post I found the answer for the populate and pass in the FAQ! But yes I understand that regardless if you win or lose a battle you still get a vp. If you retreat you do not, thanks for help friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ProjectTalon wrote:
Thanks for the help, I was just about to post I found the answer for the populate and pass in the FAQ! But yes I understand that regardless if you win or lose a battle you still get a vp. If you retreat you do not, thanks for help friend

One common mistake to be aware of regarding battle VP: If you destroy some ships in battle and then retreat you only loose out on the draw for "participation" you still get all the draws for destroyed ships.

Also you only loose out if your LAST ships retreat and ship classes retreat seperately.

Say you have interceptors and cruisers in a battle. You have your cruisers retreat but leave the interceptors to die a glorious death, then you do get the "participation" draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.