Subject: Has anyone tried this box insert? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was interested in getting a Broken Token Organizer for Living Card Games (compact box).

Link: http://www.thebrokentoken.com/compact-card-game-organizer/

The specs say it is for a game box 10"x10"x2". Supposedly it fits in A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition). Here on BGG the dimensions of Arkham Horror: The Card Game and A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition) are the same but when I actually measured the box for AHLCG, the inside of the box is about 9.75" square. So, I am not sure if this will actually fit because it seems like some information has been rounded up.

Has anyone tried this insert? I'd like to know for sure if it will work before I purchasing because I don't think I can return it once bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Millikan
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am 98% sure it will work. I picked up that exact organizer yesterday and once I have my copy of the game (today) I can report back. That being said, 98% sure it will fit. Otherwise I'm gonna be screwed too!

Also like to throw in that I have several Broken Token organizers and they are excellent. Great little company with very friendly people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Millicant wrote:
I am 98% sure it will work. I picked up that exact organizer yesterday and once I have my copy of the game (today) I can report back. That being said, 98% sure it will fit. Otherwise I'm gonna be screwed too!

Also like to throw in that I have several Broken Token organizers and they are excellent. Great little company with very friendly people.

Yeah I have a few too and I love them so I really hope it will fit! Look forward to hearing your feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the one I bought, and it fits perfectly. I keep everything but the investigator cards in there; plenty of room to grow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I want, no I need this. Out of stock in U.K--anyone know where to buy for £20?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling after Dunwich and the other 6 packs come out in the cycle, you will need to find a new storage solution to hold everything. It might still be nice to have though if you plan on traveling with decks to meetups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cribbs
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I bought the Broken Token insert for Warhammer Quest LCG. I'm not sure I would recommend it. The cards are stored at an angle and they tend to slip under the dividers and lay flat on the bottom, making it hard to get them out.

For AHLCG, I went with the this: http://go7gaming.com/product/lgc-003-v2-insert/

I just started using it, but so far I like it. So far I have not had the same problem that I had with the Broken Token one. It's early days yet, but I think I prefer this one.

Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameycribbs wrote:
I bought the Broken Token insert for Warhammer Quest LCG. I'm not sure I would recommend it. The cards are stored at an angle and they tend to slip under the dividers and lay flat on the bottom, making it hard to get them out.

Exact same problem I have with the Battlestar Galactica insert. It's kind of a pain. I have their original insert for use with A Game of Thrones: The Card Game, which is all upright and it's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameycribbs wrote:

Oh wow, I didn't notice they were slanted. Thanks for the alternate suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously YMMV, but I can't see how cards slip under the insert if the dividers are spaced. Here's mine; I put the campaign encounter sets in their own slots, the basic weakness in their own slot, and all the other encounter sets together on the right (since some of those are only a couple cards). Typically that would be it since the investigator cards will be in a binder, but for now I also have a couple starter decks and all the leftover cards hanging out in there, too. It won't last forever, but even giving each scenario encounter its own slot will last through two cycles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found you have to be sure to use the minimum space needed. If there's too much room I watched them slip right under the dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
I found you have to be sure to use the minimum space needed. If there's too much room I watched them slip right under the dividers.

Ah! Yes, that happens with every insert I have ever used with an open bottom or moveable dividers. If the space that the cards occupy is too large, the cards will flop over too much and slide under the dividers, even if they are straight-cut sections. The spaces for my PACG deck sections are too big so that happens to me sometimes too.

Also in upright sections, if the gap is too large the cards will lean and start to bend when the box is stored flat. This is also happening to my PACG cards.

... come to think of it, I should probably buy extra dividers to fix that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Cost
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
The go7 option is FAR superior (and looks stellar)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teage Watson
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the non-compact version for Netrunner, LotR, and Star Wars LCG. They work great and are fantastic dividers, but you outgrow them so quickly. If you were to put Investigator cards in a binder like mentioned above it would certainly stretch the time line on this though. Also another core set box and second insert would buy you even more time. All of this however is prolonging the inevitable if you are in it for the long haul. Which is either big white cardboard boxes or something like the Hobby Lobby artist case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a word of warning, I have the one from WHQ ACG, with the token keeper in the middle row, and I don't forsee getting more than the first deluxe expansion to fit in here. I have many of the cards sleeved, so if they weren't a full deluxe would likely fit. Beyond that and you're in trouble. Check out TBT's artist case insert. It holds quite a bit more. I'm considering it with a custom logo for this game, but secretly hoping they do something in their premier line that's geared towards Arkham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Just a word of warning, I have the one from WHQ ACG, with the token keeper in the middle row, and I don't forsee getting more than the first deluxe expansion to fit in here. I have many of the cards sleeved, so if they weren't a full deluxe would likely fit. Beyond that and you're in trouble. Check out TBT's artist case insert. It holds quite a bit more. I'm considering it with a custom logo for this game, but secretly hoping they do something in their premier line that's geared towards Arkham.

That doesn't surprise me. The original box is super tiny!

I plan on getting a second insert for my spare core box (I have two) or the next deluxe expansion. That way I still get to make use of the original boxes. They look really cool to me so it'd be a shame to put the cards in a plain box.

Also, sometimes I think people pick games off my shelf based on the attraction level of the art on the box, especially when they are unfamiliar with the game choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jameycribbs wrote:

For AHLCG, I went with the this: http://go7gaming.com/product/lgc-003-v2-insert/

I just started using it, but so far I like it. So far I have not had the same problem that I had with the Broken Token one. It's early days yet, but I think I prefer this one.

Just my two cents.

I got the broken token one first - I'm thinking I will get this one for my second box when I need it.

The broken token one is fine - but the cards are slanted... making them difficult to get out actually. The vertical one there would be nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone familiar with this card box:
KMC Card Barrier 1000
Its less expensive and smaller than the artists case solution (which I like since it fits on my shelves better) and holds less cards (which may be nice since the card pool is smaller right now). It stores the cards horizontally.
I'm not sure if I will be able to get any dividers on it, since it looks like it just about the height of the cards.
Anyone used this before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.