Neuroshima Hex!» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Question about army choice in tournaments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hello and greetings from Denmark

I was wondering: in live and/or on line play, can people play with the army of their choice (as long as they are an official add on?

Is it possible then to see 2 different players playing with the same army each (because they are their favourites)?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Akebono wrote:
Hello and greetings from Denmark

I was wondering: in live and/or on line play, can people play with the army of their choice (as long as they are an official add on?

Is it possible then to see 2 different players playing with the same army each (because they are their favourites)?

Thank you!

I have no knowledge of online touranements, but I've played in a few live face-to-face tournaments (i.e. with physical boards). Always players received 2 different random armies.

I have never seen 2 different players use the same army in a game. There would seem to be an obvious practical difficulty with, distinguishing whose pieces are whose, unless you used tiles from different editions, and even then it would seem somewhat confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thank you, Russ!

Well I thought that fanatics may have a favourite army in different colours...

I just discovered this game but I imagine that tournaments must be very exciting.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stępniak
msg tools
mb
In official Polish tournament before start You have to pick max 3 armies(from all official armies, which was realesed before tournament), which You will play. In match first player choose his army (from his 3) and second player can pick any other army in same version e.g. 3.0 (from his 3) or pick same army in different graphic version. You can play 2.5 version unless opponent doesn't agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thank you Pawel... Very interesting indeed...

Can you tell me if there is an official homepage where I can read about these tournaments?

Cheers from Denmark
:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stępniak
msg tools
mb
Here is the file with all tournament rules: http://portalgames.pl/portalgames/pl/wp-content/uploads/2016...

But You will need google translator probably.
I never heard of international tournament rule set, but probably in USA were some comeptition.
Cheers from Poland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks, Pawel!

Just curious: is there any ongoing league or any tournament starts and finish in the same day?
I mean.. is there any Polish champion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stępniak
msg tools
mb
We have Polish championships every year. Eliminations were played in local shops or events and from each few people go on finals. Portal gives basic armies to play for people how doesn't have their own and promo tiles and some games as prizes. Sometimes somebody orgenize oneday tournaments on some events too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thank you, Pawel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.