Subject: Campaign. Turns 1-2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitry Klyuykov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
Let me start to tell the story of our second iteration of campaign playtest.

5 Oct. Limited flight capabilities. 1st Soviet Turn:

The plan was following: 46 Army captures Szeged with 3 barrages + 2 attacks. We set DG only on Exp barrage, and both attacks were failed due to unlucky rolls too, so Szeged left in the Axis hands.

53rd Army advanced in Move Mode and should be safe if we DG 1st and 23rd Pz with 12-16 air barrages. All missed, so we waited for devastating counter attack that we cannot repel.

Center was secured with one Pliev Cav. Corps (second in reserve) and one Tank Corps from 6 Gd Army. 6 Gd Army wasn't able to occupy the front, so it was also left in very vulnerable position.

On the right flank, 27 Army broken through the right flank, but killed German Regiment in the center, so no attack was possible there. Blue points on the map are our fails due to catastrophic rolls.

We didn't do anything in the north yet, as we need more supply before we'll be able to unleash some kind of attack.

1st Axis Turn.

Axis withdrawn everywhere and made no attacks. They made quite good withdraw on the right flank, leaving rear guards interfering our pursuit. In the center decision was arguable, as they've created a wide front, using both powerful panzer divisions in small stacks. At Szeged they kept some units and Polizai to reinforce the siege if needed. They also killed the northern Slovak partisan unit.

8 Oct. Normal flight capabilities. 2nd Soviet Turn:

So after we won the initiative, we decided it would be better for us to take it and exploit the situation: try to kill some retreating units on the right flank and destroy 1st Panzer in the center, as it was dispersed in move mode after withdrawing.

At the left flank (46 Army) first we decided to not attack the Szeged itself, but hex behind it, to make the city starve in encirclement. But artillery shot killed both steps there (last column), so we decided to attack Szeged also and killed AR5 recon unit there (2 steps to go) by losing 2 infantry steps.

Pliev group enveloped the Axis front from the left and started the grinder against Pz1. Much SP were spent, but also a lot of Germans were destroyed. On the bad side - German Flak reduced 4 Gd Il-2 making hip shoots. 1st Hungarian PzDiv was also cut off.

53 Army gathering against the Debrecen and 7 Guard Army still on the move to fill the gap between 46 and 53. 6 Gd Tank Army holds the front against Debrecen.

As we cleaned the rearguard pipe on the right, Romanian tanks and cavalry were able to catch German and Hungarian divisions in Strat mode and killed both. Gorshkov group used comfortable road along Romanian partisans to endanger Debrecen from the right.

The turn was very fruitful, as a lot of stress points were created for Germans. See also Axis dead pile for Turn 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope u've the authorization to divulge HR's "secrets" from Sthepane ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Klyuykov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
Filippo Chiari wrote:
I hope u've the authorization to divulge HR's "secrets" from Sthepane ... :what:

Well.. He asked me to PR the game with reviews and AARs as much as possible. "Glad" we have such kind of "protector" here :D

P.S. Sad, that's the only thing you have to say about AAR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably u don't know that I playtested HR for two years and half and I said all that I've to say to Sthepane ... there are no news from then.
Your AAR is quite interesting, but not exciting immo. No offense pls.

F.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MoriQuessir wrote:

As we cleaned the rearguard pipe on the right, Romanian tanks and cavalry were able to catch German and Hungarian divisions in Strat mode and killed both.

My only question is which German General gave the order to put units into Strat Mode if the enemy was already that close? I believe a firing squad is called fordevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Klyuykov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
Fly by Night wrote:

My only question is which German General gave the order to put units into Strat Mode if the enemy was already that close? I believe a firing squad is called fordevil

Yep, it was controversial and risky decision. I think they calculated, that rear guards positions will block and pursuit (and we attacked on internal stock, as there was no supply to draw). Also, there was 50% chance to win the initiative and move even deeper. But I agree - two infantry divisions were at stake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Spiering
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Probably u don't know that I playtested HR for two years and half and I said all that I've to say to Sthepane ... there are no news from then.
Your AAR is quite interesting, but not exciting immo. No offense pls.

F.

MoriQuessir wrote:
Probably I know and I don't care. I hope u've the authorization to post this comment from Stephane ...

No offense.

Alright you two, if you are going to fight could you at least roll for initiative first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Spiering
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep the reports coming Dmitry. Do we have any indication how far off this game is from release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Klyuykov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
spiering8 wrote:
Keep the reports coming Dmitry. Do we have any indication how far off this game is from release?

Thank you for your support, Micheal! In summer update Brian wrote, that game should hit the pre-order later this year. Should be not so long in the OCS terms :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if you see sarcasm in my writing, but was not my intention.

I don't want to comment here a game that is still not published.
I do NOT want to start a war, but if you really wish, I challenge you to do a war on a table by my next seven day ocs-dedicated mini-Con in 2017; you are welcome and may choose the game.

Better to play than fight ...

Ciao,

F.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Klyuykov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
Filippo, my apologize also! Thank you for invitation. Could you please send me the details of ocs-mini-Con, I'd visit it with pleasure if there will be an opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Salvatucci
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well when I started playtesting HR in 2013, we were explicitly asked not to publish anything about the game, and Filippo probably got the same request.

I suppose things have changed now that the game is much closer to preorder stage.

Regarding your AAR, I think you are doing a good job in showing the flow of the campaign opening phases. I like very much the photos with the superimposed plans and attack directions.

It's also nice to see a fresh approach to the strategic situation. Our campaigns tend to have more activity around Nagyvarad in turn one, with the soviets trying to cross the river and encircle the town. Looking forward to see how your alternative plans work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
You know, there's things like email to wash your dirty laundry in private.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Acquaviva
Hungary
flag msg tools
Hi guys!

Filippo and his team helped me a lot to correct several things in the game.
They desserve a big Thank you for their help. The game we have now is also the result of their playtest sessions.
Of course, I asked them to be discret about "Hungarian Rhapsody" because at this time, we were far away from pre-order.
Now, as Antonello mentionned, it's approching and the game needs PR...

Dmitry, Igor made a wonderful job and we are really now in the final phase of playtest. It's amazing how hard it is to design something which works well, which is historical...and which has to remains fun to play! We all are trying our best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.