Hide
8 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Ebay stuff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Wolfe
msg tools
There is a bunch of cheap kingdom death models from china using pictures from the actual kingdom death website. I imagine these would be fake? The seller has a good rating so I almost bought some. Anyone know anything about this?
Edit: forgot to mention the stuff is from ebay, but the word is in the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Yes, those are recast from the original. Seller is in China

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Looks fake. I almost picked some of them, but then I realized this are recast. Not worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're all recasts.

I bought one on a whim once, as I like the Satan twin with the sword but wasn't interested in the one with the staff, and it's not like anyone was going to split a legit pair up for under ten bucks.

The casting quality was very subpar. Blade on the weapon was not cast well- I could see through it. Ended up replacing it with a spare plastic bits that I had to trim to size to make it look similar to the blade it's supposed to be holding.

Facial details were practically non-existent.

Parts didn't fit as nicely as they should either. Lots of trimming and green stuff involved in the end to get things together they way they should.

So while it may have been dirt cheap, I wasn't very happy with the few bucks I spent on it and ended up putting a TON of work into it trying to get it to at least look passable on the tabletop.

Could have used those few bucks to pick up another squad of 15mm aliens from one of the tiny little companies that actually need the business and make cool stuff instead.

Think I may just go do that right now in fact!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Keep in mind.

All models in Kingdom Death: Monsters are representative.

You do not need any models in order to play the game or expansion (still a board game after all). A lot of the extra scenarios are Print and Play.

Resin models sold on the website are for collectors and painters who like super detailed miniatures. However resin models are better off in display case than tabletop.

The only reason I see people who want to buy China recast models is that there is a specific model you like to represent your character in the game but sold out else where. And you don't care about the quality of the model (after all its all recast from original.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've bought a few and they're... not what you'd expect. The resin I got from them is much denser and harder than what comes from KD directly. I think they have their place, like practicing painting or replacing a damaged model that isn't available in the store. The resin models KD sells aren't really suitable for play, though. They're detailed but fragile, very high quality. They could be used but carefully and should be stored differently. They're not replacements for the real thing.

I will say this: most of the sellers are willing to do partial casts. I just ordered 50 lanterns from the pinup lantern chick to recast myself and use for basing and terrain. I think if you want something to tool around with or use for bits, get it. But buy the models from the shop to keep Poots in business.

Also, if anyone has seen any recasts that could be used as suitable stone masks or heads from any company PM me. I'd like to make a few molds for my custom board tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wolfe
msg tools
Thanks for the information guys. As it stands for now I guess I won't be buying any models. Kindgdom death models from the official store with shipping and conversion would be 50 Canadian.(for a 25US dollar model)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
elvynprince wrote:
Thanks for the information guys. As it stands for now I guess I won't be buying any models. Kindgdom death models from the official store with shipping and conversion would be 50 Canadian.(for a 25US dollar model)
Plus import duty and brokerage fee yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.