Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting up Outer Planets I noticed that the new planets all have manoeuvres leading from orbit to fly-by.
I'm wondering if the old planets should have these too or if there is a reason other than cost to replace the cards that they weren't added.

I noticed this when trying to find a way to test Aerobreaking, so maybe that is the answer right there; If an ion thruster could go back and forth between Venus/Mars fly-by and orbit it would make testing aerobreaking quicker than it currently is.

Mercury is of course an exception since there is no reason ever to go back to fly-by. Which actually makes me wonder why there isn't a manoeuvre from Mercury fly-by to IPT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, I tried to only mark maneuvers that people would find useful. One of my big goals was to make sure people didn't get completely overwhelmed with choices.

Once you've played the base game, however, I'm fine with adding more complexity in an expansion. Orbit to fly-by maneuvers are something I keep thinking of adding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
In general, I tried to only mark maneuvers that people would find useful. One of my big goals was to make sure people didn't get completely overwhelmed with choices.

Once you've played the base game, however, I'm fine with adding more complexity in an expansion. Orbit to fly-by maneuvers are something I keep thinking of adding.
I'd be glad to see them!
As I already said I started looking for them to quickly, easily, and repeatably test aerobraking with the same component which might not be good to allow, but they'd also be useful to move from Venus/Mars to the outer planets without returning to the IPT.

If the extra cards can be squeezed into an expansion I'd be happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.