• [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
My avatar is a picture of my father who was a veteran of WWII (Battle Of The Bulge), The Korean Conflict and also served in the Air National Guard during the Vietnam Era. He was a proud patriot and loved his country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I would like to give a salute to my father EN3 James W. Burrell, the true founder of the Navy Seals. RIP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
In memory of all of the fallen, and those who came home with the memory of lost friends and brothers.

Here's to my late father-in-law, his four brothers who didn't survive their service, his one brother who did, and all his fellow II Polish Corps brothers-in-arms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To my grandfather Vincenzo DeCiccio, 8th Bersaglieri sharpshooters Unit from Caserta and all veterans!

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hyer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent some time today and sent individual thank yous to everyone that I personally know and could think of that has served in the armed forces. It felt good to have done something positive.

My father was a flight engineer on B-24s during WW2 and served as an instructor. My grandfather was in France in WWI doing aircraft maintenance and support for the allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kreutzer
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Set up and got a few turns in of Mortain Counterattack from DG. Nice that it has my old unit CCB (2nd Bde) 3AD in it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
autumnweave wrote:
I spent some time today and sent individual thank yous to everyone that I personally know and could think of that has served in the armed forces. It felt good to have done something positive.

My father was a flight engineer on B-24s during WW2 and served as an instructor. My grandfather was in France in WWI doing aircraft maintenance and support for the allies.

How cool! My dad was an ordinance mechanic and instructor on B-24s also during WWII.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to thank a relative for losing his sanity as he hid in the snow playing dead for days during the Battle of the Bulge. And thank him for having to hide under the table on holidays screaming that the Germans are coming.
I would also like to thank another relative who was taken prisoner by the Japanese. He and others were made to stand over their own freshly dug graves. Next, a pistol with one bullet was passed down the line and each prisoner was forced to pull the trigger. He ended up having to do this a total of 13 times during his captivity, then wrote a book about it called Wake War and Waiting.
I thank them and others for losing their minds, bodies and lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.