Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because there are so few subscribers in the World War 5 forum, here's an important note about the WW5 map included in Pyramid Arcade:

The map is missing a couple of connections
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
May I suggest this substitute?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nathan!

That board also has some issues. (For example: Northeastern Europe does not connect to Southwestern Asia.)

Here's what's missing from the printed board:
"there should have been a connection between southern United States and Western Africa, and between Southern Africa and Western Australia."
Re: Map connections question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
strathmeyer wrote:
Thanks Nathan!

That board also has some issues. (For example: Northeastern Europe does not connect to Southwestern Asia.)

Here's what's missing from the printed board:
"there should have been a connection between southern United States and Western Africa, and between Southern Africa and Western Australia."
Re: Map connections question

I suspect that unless Andy intentionally changed the board, the inclusion of NE Europe to SW Asia is a mistake. He specifically said in the following link that he originally intended nine external links per continent:

http://wunderland.com/WTS/Andy/Games/WW5/rules.html.

The inclusion of that new map change creates ten links for Europe.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting this here.
How disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd pay for a replacement if that was the only way of getting the fixed board. Has anyone heard if they will be printing new boards and when?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
I'd pay for a replacement if that was the only way of getting the fixed board. Has anyone heard if they will be printing new boards and when?

No, we won't be making replacement boards, or stickers, and I'm not even recommending making any changes with a pen. I'll be continuing to play on the board as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
HarryCanyon wrote:

No, we won't be making replacement boards, or stickers, and I'm not even recommending making any changes with a pen. I'll be continuing to play on the board as is.

Good to know we can just play on the board as is. I won't worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.