11 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » General

Subject: Mousers attacking? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg ivan
msg tools
Not sure how they work

If 2 turtles are side by side and totally surrounded does each turtle resolve / get attacked by the ones they share?

In other words, if a mouser is adjacent to several turtles does he count against all of them and the real way to resolve a mouser turn is to actually count up all the ones "touching" a turtle on a mutally exclusive basis?

Can mousers only attack 1 turtle on their turn and how would you keep track of that?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played, for the first time, the mouser scenario and played it where they shared mousers. I counted all the mousers adjacent to each turtle individually. (I played this like 10mins ago and I am trying to upload photos of where I was after the 1st round.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mb
I believe Josh is correct, the mousers attack as groups. Each turtle/hero gets attacked once during the villain's turn if they are adjacent to one or more mouser. The attack value for each attack is determined by how many mousers are adjacent to the target. So a mouser can be used to attack multiple targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
The rules state that after mouser movement, each hero adjacent to a mouser suffers a melee strike with a strength equal to the number of mousers adjacent to that hero. That means you count the number of mousers adjacent for each hero separately, even if some mousers will count towards multiple heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg ivan
msg tools
Do you roll dice for those hits or are they assumed?

A) 3 mousers touching, roll 3 battle dice, turtles roll defense
B) 3 mousers touching, assumed 3 hits rolled, turtles roll defense
C) 3 mousers touching, deal 3 damage, no defense rolled

I want to say B)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
ivangamer84 wrote:
Do you roll dice for those hits or are they assumed?

A) 3 mousers touching, roll 3 battle dice, turtles roll defense
B) 3 mousers touching, assumed 3 hits rolled, turtles roll defense
C) 3 mousers touching, deal 3 damage, no defense rolled

I want to say B)?

A is correct. The number of mousers adjacent equals the strength of the attack, not the damage of the attack. So yes, you roll dice to see how much damage is done, then roll the hero's defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with rule set A. They are attacking, and the turtles would get their defense roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with them working like interpretation A. After Round 2 I called the game, because we had won.

No one ever moved, Mikey and Donnie were up front. Splinter and April were in the back. After the first turn we had to switch to using Pizzas instead of Focus tokens because we had already gotten all but two on the board.

Mikey just used Whirling Chucks first thing to boost everyone's defense. Splinter shared dice with his meditation and healed with his healie card.

In two rounds we had only taken 2 points of damage as a group and were clearing out all but two or three each turn.

My final comment was "Well, we know how to win that now."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:
We played with them working like interpretation A. After Round 2 I called the game, because we had won.

No one ever moved, Mikey and Donnie were up front. Splinter and April were in the back. After the first turn we had to switch to using Pizzas instead of Focus tokens because we had already gotten all but two on the board.

Mikey just used Whirling Chucks first thing to boost everyone's defense. Splinter shared dice with his meditation and healed with his healie card.

In two rounds we had only taken 2 points of damage as a group and were clearing out all but two or three each turn.

My final comment was "Well, we know how to win that now."

Kevin Wilson suggested giving them each 1 extra wound point to make it more of a challenge. Lots of people are getting 60+ mouser KO's. I'm sure it would make it more of a challenge, but I think it needs something more to make the mousers more overwhelming.

I used dice to keep track of the count instead of focus. I knew I wouldn't have enough going into it. Donnie's guard special ability is just too good in this scenario as he gets at least 30 of the KO's himself. Mikey and Leo's defense powers make the turtles have 6 or more defense dice by the end of the round. I maxed out the KO points just using the four turtles and only suffered two damage to Mikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I suggested raising their life by 1 at the end of every round. That will cause the difficulty to ramp up over the entire battle.

There's a limit to how challenging this scenario's going to be, though. It's just a small, simple battle that I created quickly for one of the KS stretch goals. I like to think of it as a taste of the later co-op mode, but it's still just a taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
There's a limit to how challenging this scenario's going to be, though. It's just a small, simple battle that I created quickly for one of the KS stretch goals. I like to think of it as a taste of the later co-op mode, but it's still just a taste.

I'm probably gonna bash up a quick set of cards to control their AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.