Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Harrison
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With so many games designed to be solitaire only, I'm always a bit hesitant on non-solitaire games with solitaire variants. So how is this one? Is it fantastic or just okay?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
With so many games designed to be solitaire only, I'm always a bit hesitant on non-solitaire games with solitaire variants. So how is this one? Is it fantastic or just okay?

Thank you.

Honestly? I just found the solitaire to be meh. Since the AI "players" don't actually do research and don't really have any money (if I remember correctly) it just is so different from the primary game. Also, I pretty easily won the first time I played it solo and due to the weird scoring mechanisms, I honestly thought I was in last place at the end of the game but ended up winning pretty handily because the AI bot players' scores are reduced a certain amount.

Absolutely fantastic multiplayer game however! And I only played it once solo so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is much better multi-player, of course. I did try a few solo games recently, after having played it two or three times multiplayer, including the full campaign.

I got totally trashed when I tried to play vs four bots the first time. I thought I had won, until I realised I'd forgotten a step in the final scoring. Took me to dead last.

Then won well enough vs two bots, then also against all four again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've mainly played this solitaire and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It is not an easy game to win against the AIs. That is why I really enjoy it. In fact, the only time that I actually beat the AIs was when the Germans won the war. There are differences when playing multi-player, which as mentioned above, is really where the game is best. But, this is a game I could highly recommend as a solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.