1 Posts

Memoir '44 Online» Forums » General

Subject: Is Hermann better than Johnny? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ragnar K
msg tools
mb
There are two AI "robots" which can be chosen for an opponent while playing solo game. Memoir '44 Online manual v1.1 says that "Hermann is an experimental robot we use to code alternative strategies". And then there's added that "Note: as of version 1.0, the two robots have identical strategies. This might change at anytime thereafter".

I have played Pegasus Bridge scenario as Allies more than 30 times now. I started with Johnny as an AI opponent and then switched to Hermann in some point. For some reason Hermann seemed to be more difficult, causing more problems even when I had good cards. And this after I had gained already some experience while playing against Johnny as mentioned. Curiously, when I looked at my stats, there was no apparent difference between the two (I have lost three times to both and the win ratio is almost even for both AI versions). So it's hard to say.

I know that I should play with human opponents instead (as the AI makes indeed occasionally some obvious mistakes), but still...

What do you think - is Hermann currently slightly better bot than Johnny? Thanks.

Poll
Which of the two available AI robots is a tougher opponent?
Johnny
Hermann
They are practically equal
      12 answers
Poll created by ragnarkuusik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.