Subject: Embassy aide memoirs (and level tracker)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep finding myself checking the Embassy sheets over and over and over.

I think this game could really benefit from some playing card-sized references for the embassy's, that incorporates a way to show your current level, and told you the turn-by-turn bonuses (rather than the one-off stuff that you might get when the embassy is first built).

Something based on the art and style of the A6 boards in the game, but smaller so that each player gets one when that embassy is built. Any volunteers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The embassy tiles you place on your board tell you what you get at the end of every year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seven out of nine of the embassies tell me nothing at all; the Embassy card contains a lot more rules, but it would be sufficient to see something in front of me to remind me that I can trade X for Y, or have +1 range, or can take Z instead of a place's action. Instead I get a pink, or green, or purple roof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric Meurrens
France
LESQUIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Any volunteers?

You ? arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen my PDF editing skills in action???

No, my next project is a foamcore insert for this beast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Y.
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
RDewsbery wrote:
Any volunteers?

I plan on making a single 8.5" x 11" sheet which has references for all the colonies, but I don't know about making individual cards....and I don't have a copy of the game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan for tomorrow is to print out three copies (1 per player) of each colony's embassy sheet, resized to fit with the improvement cards). Then as players buy the embassy, they get a copy of the card and tuck it under the top edge of their colony mat, but leaving the current level of the embassy exposed. As they improve the level, they expose more of the tucked card.

Which ought to reduce the amount of time the reference cards spend being studied during a player's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.