$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 118.13

7,155 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Snopes Racist Incident Correction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the damn post so I'm making a top level correction.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/10/students-use-blackface-to-c...

This picture



is apparently an innocent mistake of two people wearing black facial mask accidentally in front of a torn confederate flag. It's torn to show disrespect.

Hard to believe given that it's not photoshopped... but it's debunked.

As a result, I'd be careful of anything where "Shaun King" is a source. not saying he's a bad source, but this one got by him.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
That's huge. Give us a heads up when you discover Trump never called all Mexicans rapists.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
As a result, I'd be careful of anything where "Shaun King" is a source. not saying he's a bad source, but this one got by him.


He's a bad source. He's a white man who has been pretending to be black for quite some time.

He's a scam artist who has taken people for tons of money using fake charities:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/16/where-did-a...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/16/charities-touted-by-black-...

I can't believe he is being given any sort of platform or treated with anything but disdain.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Koldfoot wrote:
That's huge. Give us a heads up when you discover Trump never called all Mexicans rapists.


Cool then...heads up!


Ferret
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
As a result, I'd be careful of anything where "Shaun King" is a source. not saying he's a bad source, but this one got by him.


He's a bad source. He's a white man who has been pretending to be black for quite some time.


It could be he's self-identifying as a black (like Rachel Dolezal)...that doesn't make him any more black or any less white of course, just a liar who's deluded himself as well.



Ferret
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
As a result, I'd be careful of anything where "Shaun King" is a source. not saying he's a bad source, but this one got by him.


He's a bad source. He's a white man who has been pretending to be black for quite some time.


It could be he's self-identifying as a black (like Rachel Dolezal)...that doesn't make him any more black or any less white of course, just a liar who's deluded himself as well.


I don't like to enable the delusional. He's white. And given the apparent scams he's run -- potentially criminal.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the other item on the list, the one of actual violence where a woman had her jihab ripped off her and was assaulted by two guys, one wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Except she made the whole thing up.



We are getting a lot of this, lots of reports of violence on both sides. And I can't tell any more what is made up and what is real. And quite honestly, I don't think it matters. It's a spike of emotion following a bitterly divisive event. I expect it will spike again around the inauguration. But if we look a year from now and it isn't a spike but a new plateau, THEN we have a problem. But right now, what do we have? A woman making up an attack to try and make others look bad. Idiot teenagers thinking they are being funny without recognizing what they are doing. Vandalism and anonymous threats emboldened by Trump winning. Legitimate physical violence. There's a mixed bag and I don't have a handle on it.

I am not going to rush to judgment and say things are definitively worse based on three days. That's kind of a small sample size. Especially while it's still so fresh. Take a breath, hug a friend or a family member, and try to do something concrete to try and make the world a better place.
7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
That's huge. Give us a heads up when you discover Trump never called all Mexicans rapists.


But some, I assume, are good people.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
As a result, I'd be careful of anything where "Shaun King" is a source. not saying he's a bad source, but this one got by him.


He's a bad source. He's a white man who has been pretending to be black for quite some time.


It could be he's self-identifying as a black (like Rachel Dolezal)...that doesn't make him any more black or any less white of course, just a liar who's deluded himself as well.


I don't like to enable the delusional. He's white. And given the apparent scams he's run -- potentially criminal.


Wait, are you talking about Trump here? I lost context.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
He's a bad source. He's a white man who has been pretending to be black for quite some time.


I was going to say that this is ironic that he posted this meme being that he is also pretending to be black.

Anyway, this seems like a fake, has anyone verified the authenticity of it ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read Snopes Jeremy. The picture is real. the context is not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.