$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 126.15

7,499 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
82 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: It's a sad day for Ameritrash gaming. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Nonsense [+] Legacy [+] winge [+] [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another company, this time the powerful gaming giant Fantasy Flight Games, has begun to divert some of their precious time and resources to legacy games. In case you haven't been following FFG, they have just announced a Legacy edition of Netrunner. FFG has been known for high-quality games all these years, and so it is saddening to realize that these games will now be fewer and further between. I realize not all of you share this opinion, but could you please remain respectful in your posts (not that you usually aren't, just a precaution), for there are some people in this community who are very disappointed by this recent turn of events. Thanks.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Think of it as a flippin' campaign mode..

26 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably influenced by their bosses at Asmodee.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy Netrunner sounds awesome! This sounds like a great day for gaming!
43 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Sounds dreadful.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noa

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im confused, why is this a bad thing? Did FFG say they're going to stop releasing the regular expansions for Netrunner, or that they're gutting the design team?
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Probably influenced by their bosses at Asmodee.



That's what I thought as well. Just like you can tell Destiny was Asmodee's doing as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Red Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
mb
I'm confused.

Does one legacy version of a single game signify that Fantasy Flight are doing this with most of their games? I mean, looking at their forthcoming catalogue, expansions, and app based updates, it doesn't seem that big of a deal. The fifth legacy game I've heard of in total across multiple publishers.

At this point Netrunner has so many cards available that in the incredibly unlikely event they stopped supporting the original game, there's still lots to go around for competitive players.
28 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it will be a new game, a board game in netrunner world that has a legacy format...and maybe will have a lot of battles and minis for the AT fans.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So now the flood of legacy games is up to ... five? Whatever will we do...
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm still confused as to how a Reiner Knizia game got published by FFG...
He's about as Ameritrash as Puerto Rico, the game!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:

I'm still confused as to how a Reiner Knizia game got published by FFG...
He's about as Ameritrash as Puerto Rico, the game!


The silver line box was alot of known authors. I think Knizia has about 4 in that alone. Then LotR board game, then...15 others last count.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
So now the flood of legacy games is up to ... five? Whatever will we do...


There are 5 legacy games???

Rick:Legacy
Pandemic: Legacy Season 1
Pandemic: Legacy Season 2


What am I missing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maya
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeaFall
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Silveira
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Emo much? But seriously, how is this a bad thing?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, seriously. I need to know this.

Why do people freak out every time a legacy game is announced? Do you honestly believe that soon there will be no games for you to play that are not legacy? Are you worried about running out of games to play? Do you feel these are rational concerns?
37 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeserox wrote:
DailyRich wrote:
So now the flood of legacy games is up to ... five? Whatever will we do...


There are 5 legacy games???

Rick:Legacy
Pandemic: Legacy Season 1
Pandemic: Legacy Season 2


What am I missing?


SeaFall, and another one called Origins (I think) is due to come out next year.

EDIT: ninja'ed
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
if you count season 2 pandemic, you have to count Charterstone
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
s3kt0r wrote:
OK, seriously. I need to know this.

Why do people freak out every time a legacy game is announced? Do you honestly believe that soon there will be no games for you to play that are not legacy? Are you worried about running out of games to play? Do you feel these are rational concerns?


I think it's that people don't want to see what they consider as a "bad trend" to "spread". So they express their annoyance to try to slow a little bit the trend.
I, for example, would spend a little time and effort to write that I don't like the Time stories "pay to replay" system, even if I'm convinced that it would always concern a negligible number of games.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
Another company, this time the powerful gaming giant Fantasy Flight Games, has begun to divert some of their precious time and resources to legacy games. In case you haven't been following FFG, they have just announced a Legacy edition of Netrunner. FFG has been known for high-quality games all these years, and so it is saddening to realize that these games will now be fewer and further between. I realize not all of you share this opinion, but could you please remain respectful in your posts (not that you usually aren't, just a precaution), for there are some people in this community who are very disappointed by this recent turn of events. Thanks.


Point at the doll where legacy games touched you.
68 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, they'll soon move on to single-use board games.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I being punk'd??? This is great news!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/11/termin...

Looks to be an OPTIONAL narrative-based expansion. This might get ANR back to the table after a long hiatus.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Fox
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
Just when my mood needed a lift, this comes along. Nice.

Wonder when X-Wing Legacy will be turning up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
36 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:


I did rip up a few of these in my day.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.