$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 108

6,707 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: You Trump haters make me think that... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is going to make slavery legal, take away women's rights, and kill gay people. You know, like radical Muslims.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALL UPPERCASE
msg tools
IN TIMES LIKE THIS WE HAVE TO REFLECT SERIOUSLY AND ASK OURSELVES THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS LIKE WHAT AM I DOING, WHO DO I SUPPORT, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WHO WORE IT BETTER?

TheDashi wrote:
He is going to make slavery legal, take away women's rights, and kill gay people. You know, like radical Muslims.


8 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have twitter. Sorry.
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?
Is trump Muslim?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Do you want to stop or slow down the flow of refugees?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Do you want to stop or slow down the flow of refugees?


I do not possess the information required to state whether or not the US is allowing "too many" refugees or not, nor do I possess the information to decisively state whether our vetting procedures are sufficient to minimize the amount of "radical" Muslims entering our questions. So, I cannot give an honest positive or negative answer to your question at this time. Just don't have the facts.

I certainly believe there is humanitarian value to the US bringing in refugees. I am unsure whether that is superior to working abroad to better their conditions in their own countries. I do believe vetting processes are important because we must minimize the amount of people who are either openly hostile towards us or incompatible with American values. Dealing with radicalized Americans is awful enough, I'm not particularly keen on importing more of their ilk.

That said, obviously there are going to be failures in any system. Shit, like I stated above, we spit out our own stupid radicals without any outside help. The questions are "Is the failure rate of vetting too high?" and "Is the cost to the American public too high" If the answer is yes in my estimation, then I would indeed be for slowing or stopping the flow of refugees until we can work out a better system. If the answer is no, then I would obviously not be. Unfortunately, I can't make that judgment with the knowledge I have. Like, not even enough to hazard a guess with any degree of comfort.

tl;dr: Dunno, because I lack the information to determine whether we are currently bringing in "tons" of "radical" Muslims and thus can't properly judge whether we need to adjust refugee rates.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Just moderate Muslims, yes?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
I don't have twitter. Sorry.
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?
Is trump Muslim?


If you google part of the phrase you find it posted by many people all over the internet.

Way to go Dashi.. good.. uh.. copying what someone else thought of.


And for the record, he is going to take away women's rights.

And he's probably going to try to roll back the clock on gay marriage. Which will create a huge legal mess. Sort of like trying to put a dropped egg back together.

http://www.hrc.org/2016RepublicanFacts/donald-trump-opposes-...

Interesting article here

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/11/log-cabin-republicans-conta...

The log cabin republicans think they can stop Trump from stripping LGBT rights already granted. They have a point that at least they have some leverage with Trump. I wonder what they do if he proceeds with stripping their rights after talking with them?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
I don't have twitter. Sorry.
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?
Is trump Muslim?


If you google part of the phrase you find it posted by many people all over the internet.

Way to go Dashi.. good.. uh.. copying what someone else thought of.


Yeah, I bet the left NEVER does that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
I don't have twitter. Sorry.
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?
Is trump Muslim?


If you google part of the phrase you find it posted by many people all over the internet.

Way to go Dashi.. good.. uh.. copying what someone else thought of.


Yeah, I bet the left NEVER does that.


Left right. Don't know. But you sure do it often.

How about you credit the source next time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
I don't have twitter. Sorry.
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?
Is trump Muslim?


If you google part of the phrase you find it posted by many people all over the internet.

Way to go Dashi.. good.. uh.. copying what someone else thought of.


Yeah, I bet the left NEVER does that.


Left right. Don't know. But you sure do it often.

How about you credit the source next time?


Yeah, unfortunately I am not like you. I do not write all the news stories I link to.
I mean, you are all that is man right?
EVERYTHING you post is an original thought, and if you like to something, you wrote that too.
Congratulations, you are far superior.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Do you want to stop or slow down the flow of refugees?


Yes. I think if too many immigrants come too fast, they won't assimilate. I think the level is somewhere below 1% of the current population per year but more than 0.1% of the current population. I could see 1% which was from a well mixed group of disparate cultures so assimilation was more likely and not going to create monoracial slums as it has in the past.

Stop it? Absolutely not. Most states are now below replacement level. Modern civilization and the cost of living and the lack of affordable medical care and women in the workplace with the their own lives has that effect. Without bringing the average up to replacement rate, we can't staff our military, we can't support our elderly.

Almost all immigrants assimilate into the melting pot (or stew these days) within 3 generations.

An equally large danger is the loss of public school systems. Without them to alloy our citizens into one people, who grew up together as children, we are increasingly balkanized.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Do you want to stop or slow down the flow of refugees?


Yes. I think if too many immigrants come too fast, they won't assimilate. I think the level is somewhere below 1% of the current population per year but more than 0.1% of the current population. I could see 1% which was from a well mixed group of disparate cultures so assimilation was more likely and not going to create monoracial slums as it has in the past.

Stop it? Absolutely not. Most states are now below replacement level. Modern civilization and the cost of living and the lack of affordable medical care and women in the workplace with the their own lives has that effect. Without bringing the average up to replacement rate, we can't staff our military, we can't support our elderly.

Almost all immigrants assimilate into the melting pot (or stew these days) within 3 generations.


Why in the hell would these people think they need to assimilate with the left acting like they do?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Do you want to stop or slow down the flow of refugees?


Yes. I think if too many immigrants come too fast, they won't assimilate. I think the level is somewhere below 1% of the current population per year but more than 0.1% of the current population. I could see 1% which was from a well mixed group of disparate cultures so assimilation was more likely and not going to create monoracial slums as it has in the past.

Stop it? Absolutely not. Most states are now below replacement level. Modern civilization and the cost of living and the lack of affordable medical care and women in the workplace with the their own lives has that effect. Without bringing the average up to replacement rate, we can't staff our military, we can't support our elderly.

Almost all immigrants assimilate into the melting pot (or stew these days) within 3 generations.


Why in the hell would these people think they need to assimilate with the left acting like they do?


They always have and they always will. If the people actually mix with each other, they will intermarry and become one hybrid people. The irish did it, the chinese did it, the hispanics did it. There is no reason people from diverse countries who happen to be islamic won't do the same thing. And they'll fight and die for the country just like Captain Kahn who might have married some nice jewish girl if he had lived long enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dashi, was my answer sufficient for you? Did you have any other questions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Just moderate Muslims, yes?



Lol, where do you find this garbage?

I love it when you guys try to drive wedges between vulnerable groups. LOOK GUYS YOU SHOULD HATE MUSLIMS TOO I HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND, PROMISE.

Divide and conquer. Shit is old school, and as American as apple pie and voter suppression.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Dashi, was my answer sufficient for you? Did you have any other questions?



You should have just said.
I have no idea, or, I don't know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilthuain wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Just moderate Muslims, yes?



Lol, where do you find this garbage?

I love it when you guys try to drive wedges between vulnerable groups. LOOK GUYS YOU SHOULD HATE MUSLIMS TOO I HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND, PROMISE.

Divide and conquer. Shit is old school, and as American as apple pie and voter suppression.


Yep, it is SOOOOOOOOOO hard to believe that Muslims, would support what they do in Muslim countries.
SHOCKING!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:


Yep, it is SOOOOOOOOOO hard to believe that Muslims, would support what they do in Muslim countries.
SHOCKING!


Jesus Christ.

Muslims are not a fucking hive mind, dipshit. They're not the goddamn Zerg.

Have you noticed that Moshe, the guy who actually lives in a country that is attacked on a fairly regular basis by Muslim extremists isn't remotely as prejudiced as you or your fellow concerned citizens? Why do you think that is? Is he just not smart enough to make judgments about huge groups of people based on a single Youtube video?

Man, I can't wait to read the next "Liberals should be nice to Trump supporters because they're sick of being condescended to" article. Yeah, they must be real tired of elites saying they're idiots for no reason at all. White man's fucking burden.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
You should have just said.
I have no idea, or, I don't know.


Sorry, I figured I should be clear about the reasons why the answer was "I don't know" so that it could be understood I was answering in good faith and not dodging.

That's why I also included the tl;dr.

Sarxis wrote:
Just moderate Muslims, yes?


Yes. And if those are truly the beliefs of these individuals, then I consider them sitting on a dangerous line, same as any Christian who holds a similar view. Not acting on those beliefs, however, and obeying the law of man in these lands is an important thing and worthy of at least some modicum of respect. This is how we progress.

Perhaps you are correct and it is simply too dangerous to American values at this point to attempt, however. I'm not sure I agree. After all, there do appear to be gay Muslims and Muslims tolerant and accepting of various "liberal" social views, so this does not appear to be an endeavor with no possibility of success.

For a moment, however, let's say that I have been hypothetically convinced: at this point it is too risky to attempt to integrate Muslims into American society. That leaves me with an awkward question:

I can find similar videos of Christian individuals saying similar things. Would you consider it right to apply that same caution to Christian refugees or immigrants in the future?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ilthuain wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Liberals sure do want to
Bring lots of radical Muslims into the country though?


No I don't.


Just moderate Muslims, yes?


LOOK GUYS YOU SHOULD HATE MUSLIMS TOO I HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND, PROMISE.



I never said to hate Muslims. Are you projecting again?


AndrewRogue wrote:


Yes. And if those are truly the beliefs of these individuals, then I consider them sitting on a dangerous line, same as any Christian who holds a similar view. Not acting on those beliefs, however, and obeying the law of man in these lands is an important thing and worthy of at least some modicum of respect. This is how we progress.

Perhaps you are correct and it is simply too dangerous to American values at this point to attempt, however. I'm not sure I agree. After all, there do appear to be gay Muslims and Muslims tolerant and accepting of various "liberal" social views, so this does not appear to be an endeavor with no possibility of success.

For a moment, however, let's say that I have been hypothetically convinced: at this point it is too risky to attempt to integrate Muslims into American society. That leaves me with an awkward question:

I can find similar videos of Christian individuals saying similar things. Would you consider it right to apply that same caution to Christian refugees or immigrants in the future?


You guys always want to play that game - comparing weirdo Christians to Muslims as if they really do have the same teachings in their sacred writings.

Look, go do your own homework and then you'll know for yourself what their respective prophets and apostles taught.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
You guys always want to play that game - comparing weirdo Christians to Muslims as if they really do have the same teachings in their sacred writings.

Look, go do your own homework and then you'll know for yourself what their respective prophets and apostles taught.


The issue is not the words of the sacred texts, but the belief of the followers. Even if they are mistaking or corrupting the word of God, they represent a danger. If a "Christian" (we shall use quotes to define them as a separate entity) espouses death to the LGBTQ community, should i not exhibit similar caution, because those who follow the correct and false faiths will be difficult to distinguish and we risk bringing in the wrong ones?

You can certainly argue about percentages if you wish and use that as the foundation of your argument, which is fair, but I am more curious about the underlying issue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
but I am more curious about the underlying issue.


No I don't think you are actually curious about the underlying issue at all and I'll tell you why I think that: I show you a video of a large number of moderate Muslims professing in unison that their beliefs are the same as the radicals, you automatically want to equate a few 'off the rocker' Christians as being the same thing.

No sir - an army of united, 'obedient to their text' Muslims is NOT the same as a few nutballs using the bible to justify their crimes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
No I don't think you are actually curious about the underlying issue at all and I'll tell you why I think that: I show you a video of a large number of moderate Muslims professing in unison that their beliefs are the same as the radicals, you automatically want to equate a few 'off the rocker' Christians as being the same thing.

No sir - an army of united, 'obedient to their text' Muslims is NOT the same as a few nutballs using the bible to justify their crimes.


I am and I would like to get a bit at your beliefs.

I acknowledged your video and I gave you my thoughts regarding that group as presented. If you do not think my concerns (re: Christianity) are valid, fine. I will drop it from the discussion for the moment.

Let's return to a previous part of my post.

AndrewRogue wrote:
After all, there do appear to be gay Muslims and Muslims tolerant and accepting of various "liberal" social views, so this does not appear to be an endeavor with no possibility of success.


Where do these individuals sit in your estimation?

What responsibility do we, as a people and a nation, morally have to attempt to assist others? What risks are worth taking?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
No I don't think you are actually curious about the underlying issue at all and I'll tell you why I think that: I show you a video of a large number of moderate Muslims professing in unison that their beliefs are the same as the radicals, you automatically want to equate a few 'off the rocker' Christians as being the same thing.

No sir - an army of united, 'obedient to their text' Muslims is NOT the same as a few nutballs using the bible to justify their crimes.


I am and I would like to get a bit at your beliefs.

I acknowledged your video and I gave you my thoughts regarding that group as presented. If you do not think my concerns (re: Christianity) are valid, fine. I will drop it from the discussion for the moment.

Let's return to a previous part of my post.

AndrewRogue wrote:
After all, there do appear to be gay Muslims and Muslims tolerant and accepting of various "liberal" social views, so this does not appear to be an endeavor with no possibility of success.


Where do these individuals sit in your estimation?




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.