tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
His encumbrance is 8... she weighs 6?

The spell is unusable past a certain encumbrance, though. I don't have the game in front of me right now but that number is well below eight (and six).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned above, the short answer is "no", but the longer answer is that if your Spellcaster skill still works when carrying the Princess' weight then "yes", you can teleport with her.

AFAIK, none of the included mages can carry that much weight and still cast spells, but the system does support it if a character with Spellcaster (and the Teleport spell) can keep his Spellcaster skill while carrying her weight. Of course, this could also be achieved by halving the weight of the Princess.

Here's an idea: the KS edition comes with some blank spell cards. Simply add a custom spell which allows you to halve the weight of any object, and then cast it on the Princess.

Alternately, the scenario might not require that you leave the board with all of the Princess - maybe half of her will suffice! Or maybe two characters can each carry half of her. As written, however, the scenario does not account for cutting her into smaller pieces, so that would require a house rule or two.

Pedantic sidenote:

However, if you play a scenario where a Teleporter can escape with the Princess, there is another as-yet unanswered question: are off-board spaces considered "adjacent" to on-board spaces at the edge of the board? Answering that question is necessary in order to determine whether it is legal to teleport off the board or not. (So far i've seen no official ruling on that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
Rocky123 wrote:
His encumbrance is 8... she weighs 6?

The spell is unusable past a certain encumbrance, though. I don't have the game in front of me right now but that number is well below eight (and six).

I believe you can't cast spells once you reach an encumberance of 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The maximal encumbrance of Hadrathus is 8, but the maximal encumbrance of his spellcaster skill is 5.

So Hadrathus looses his spellcaster skill when he reached 5 encumbrance. The encumbrance of the princess is 6, so Hadrathus can't teleport with her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
sgbeal wrote:

AFAIK, none of the included mages can carry that much weight and still cast spells, but the system does support it if a character with Spellcaster (and the Teleport spell) can keep his Spellcaster skill while carrying her weight. Of course, this could also be achieved by halving the weight of the Princess.

None of the included mages, true, but Yogah of Yag (add-on that will soon be sold in retail) can since he loses his spellcaster ability at a whooping 8 of encumbrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, got that...I thought we were talking about "In the Clutches of the Picts".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all... this was a huge help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.