Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the Diplomat protect you from attacks? Do you do the draw 2 and discard 3 instead of the effect of the attack or in addition to the effect of the attack (just doing the draw and discard before the attack effect)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do the draw 2 and discard 3 first, then you resolve the attack's effect. This doesn't change some attacks (it does nothing to stop you getting a curse, for instance) but helps in some other cases -- for instance, it means you don't have to discard your hand to Minion, and it gives you a better choice of cards to keep if you are hit by Militia or Goons or the like. Plus of course its effect when played helps greatly in recovering from hand size reduction attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any chance of posting an image or the text of diplomat? (I'm lazy and don't feel like looking for a rulebook and hope it's printed there).

I'm going on a limb and wildly guessing it is similar to Secret Chamber in that it simply Reacts to attacks. Moat reacts to attacks by preventing them. Secret Chamber reacted by letting a player draw 2 cards then replacing 2 cards from hand back on top of the draw deck. The attack still happens. (This is all off the top of my head from memory. Forgive me for any detail errors).

For attack cards like thief, pirate ship, and others that reveal the top cards of your deck, this helps control what gets revealed. For cards like witch, it simply gives you options on what to play this turn and next turn. It does nothing about the curse you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.