Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Playtimes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Trang
United States
California
flag msg tools
How long was your typical first play through? Just wondering for my rather short attention spanned friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
Omega Centauri
badge
Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on if you are deck building or not.

Assuming you are playing 2 player with starting decks and everything setup in advance (you can do that, just sort cards and bag them) first scenario with rules explanation took us about 40 mins. Second scenario was a bit longer, plus we had a bit of upgrading to do, and setup too - that was about 75 minutes.

Not played third yet ...

[edit]
Err, should have said this was with me reading rules and learning game in advance, just cracking shrink, punching and playing while reading rules will take much longer. Took me 20 minutes to find one card (117) for setup! It was in the player cards stack I assumed it would be in the other one) shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Granted, I was flipping through the rules reference quite a bit and moving along very leisurely, but I think it was a couple hours or so. Subsequent playthroughs will be considerably lower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
Granted, I was flipping through the rules reference quite a bit and moving along very leisurely, but I think it was a couple hours or so. Subsequent playthroughs will be considerably lower.

Same for me.

Took my time, made sure I was playing everything correctly.

Was about 2hrs from set up to tear down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3P game and it was 1.5-2hrs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
2 players, I knew the rules beforehand but partner didn't, about 1.5-2.5 hrs. That included fairly regular stops to deal with food and children.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Toth
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First 2 scenarios , yes about 1.5 to 2 hours each. Once you improve your character decks and set up , playing 2 investigators.

Once you get the phases down and the investigators different ways of playing I see the games taking 45 min to an hour depending on the # of investigators
playing.

There are some rules to look up also as you go,all in all not bad and I'm not the biggest LCG fan and I found this game pretty gripping. Went out and bought a second set also to play more investigators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.