Hide
7 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Please suggest an expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K Bell
msg tools
I've been playing Euros for a couple years now, but never Ticket to Ride. My nieces, ages 10, 12, and 14, have TTR Europe. They have been playing it for a year, so I thought I would get them an expansion for Christmas. Which do you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
msg tools
mb
Our kids are in the same age range. We have played both TtR and TtR: Europe, and we also enjoy TtR Asia (Map Collection 1). "Asia" is about the same level of complexity as "Europe."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 5 – United Kingdom & Pennsylvania changes up the game in interesting ways and each side is different. The PA side changes the win condition to collecting shares and the UK side requires progressive technology in order to build bigger trains. It's the same game with two new twists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second TtR UK & Penn.

Also if it is just them playing, Nordic will make a much tighter game for three. It also has the advantage of being standalone. No need to get two boxes out.

Another idea would be Europa 1912 which extends the life of Europe considerably by adding lots of tickets. It adds a lot to the base game. It is also a lot cheaper than the other options as there is no board - it uses Europe. I don't know if that is a consideration. We did find the warehouse mini-expansion included to be underwhelming though.

Given their ages, Ticket to Ride: Alvin & Dexter might be a lot of fun. Doesn't do anything for me though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Go the Mighty Chiefs!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Europa 1912 but to be honest I find it a bit of a pain, because you have to decide what ticket set to use each time you want to play and then sort all the tickets. We never use the warehouses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
I have Europa 1912 but to be honest I find it a bit of a pain, because you have to decide what ticket set to use each time you want to play and then sort all the tickets. We never use the warehouses.

what we do with the sets is keep the three main ones separate: Original, Big Cities and Extended. So it is pretty easy to just grab one pack and play with it. It only becomes a pain after playing mega. Which we rarely do. It is mostly original or Big Cities. The one thing that annoys me is that the new long routes have a different colour back to the other tickets. Makes them easy to spot. Oh and the fact that one of the new "normal" routes is longer than any of the "long" routes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Bell
msg tools
Thanks, everyone. i really appreciate your suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.