Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocky V
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am trying to understand the part of when expedition is claimed. The rules state that when it is you as active player, you can claim one expedition. So does active player mean who started with discover phase?

We had a 4 player game where the 3rd player reached to 12 points, everyone finished that round, then the 4 player started new round and then the 1st player got to take a card that could finish her expedition. But as we felt that she was not active player, we could not allow her to take it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right. The active player is the one that flips the cards. You can only claim an expedition when you're the active player, but you can do it at any time during your turn, so either at the start or after you've acquired a new character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:
You were right. The active player is the one that flips the cards. You can only claim an expedition when you're the active player, but you can do it at any time during your turn, so either at the start or after you've acquired a new character.

This was confirmed by the designer (with rationale) here and here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky V
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Annemarie for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
You can turn it in even after you've busted. This was confirmed in the German publishers forum here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the thread you linked to, but I could not find this answer, especially not from an official. I would so no: Ater busting your turn is over, you can't fullfil an expedition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
I was referring to the one but last post. By netzhuffle, who is tagged as support, so I took this as an official answer. But of course, I will rather take the word of the designer now for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I see now. I think yucata has also programmed it this way. 2 ships of same colour = turn over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.