$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 64.06

4,535 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.6% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the conversion kick and the card backs are not the same as the 2nd edition game.

Is there anyway for me to return an opened copy of the conversion kit in order to upgrade to the full evolution: climate game where I can be sure all the cards match?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contacting the manufacturer would be most logical.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
ct5150 wrote:
Contacting the manufacturer would be most logical.


Agreed, I feel they have had contacts also on bgg, and in many cases I feel you can get quicker responses on bgg.

(And I think it is fair to let others know before buying the conversion kit so they don't end up in the same situation as myself.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this effect game play?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
wtcannonjr wrote:
How does this effect game play?


The cards are slightly different size so shuffling is annoying as the cards clump together based on size.

It is possible to identified if the card is new or not based on the card backs, so you can gather information about a players hand or the top card of the deck if the card back differences are noticable to you. (The 2nd edition cards are whiter than the conversion kit cards.)

I suppose you could play in a room where the lighting is generally very yellow and it will minimize how well you can notice.

Sleeving could also deal with the issue, but I really can't stand playing with sleeved cards.


So I personally would rather pay the extra for the full set in order to not be bothered by these differences.

The game is still playable if you aren't bothered by these small differences.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I mean the to post this with Evolution climate. How do I move it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll need to talk with Jonathan or Apinya. The best way to reach one of them is on our website through the "Contact Us" tab.

All of the conversion kit cards in our office are of the correct size, but there have been some isolated cases of complaints about this issue. So we are looking into the issue and trying to figure out what's going on. It's possible that the manufacturer cut the card sheets at two different times or even in two different locations, and that one of the time the cuts were not of the correct size. I hope that's not the case!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
You'll need to talk with Jonathan or Apinya. The best way to reach one of them is on our website through the "Contact Us" tab.

All of the conversion kit cards in our office are of the correct size, but there have been some isolated cases of complaints about this issue. So we are looking into the issue and trying to figure out what's going on. It's possible that the manufacturer cut the card sheets at two different times or even in two different locations, and that one of the time the cuts were not of the correct size. I hope that's not the case!


the slight color difference is in all copies?

Also, I suppose it is also possible the issue is with my base game copy, though those cards seem consistent with my Flight cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first i've heard from anyone about a color difference. I think yours is an isolated problem. I've heard of two other cases of the size being a half millimeter off.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Shipley
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
This is the first i've heard from anyone about a color difference. I think yours is an isolated problem. I've heard of two other cases of the size being a half millimeter off.


I also received a conversion kit with similar problems:
- color of card backs is a slightly different shade
- cards are about a millimeter taller and wider
It is very easy to distinguish the Climate cards when they are shuffled in with the base game cards.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't got my copy, but you're all making me nervous.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Koester
United States
Cornelius
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have received my copy and have noticed nothing like what has been reported here. That said, I have all of the cards sleeved, making the potential size difference moot, and probably at the same time minimizing any difference in shading.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
apthebold wrote:
I have received my copy and have noticed nothing like what has been reported here. That said, I have all of the cards sleeved, making the potential size difference moot, and probably at the same time minimizing any difference in shading.


The shading is slight but easily noticeable in good lighting. I agree that sleeves will fix the size issues, but I really hate using sleeves, so that isn't a good solution for me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
apthebold wrote:
I have received my copy and have noticed nothing like what has been reported here. That said, I have all of the cards sleeved, making the potential size difference moot, and probably at the same time minimizing any difference in shading.


The shading is slight but easily noticeable in good lighting. I agree that sleeves will fix the size issues, but I really hate using sleeves, so that isn't a good solution for me.


At this point is still seems like an isolated problem, but we have been contacted by others that are experiencing the same problem so you're not the only one. The solution is to contact customer service at North Star Games. Go to our website and click on the "Contact Us" tab. We will find a way to take care of the problem.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how long should I be waiting for a response?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
So, how long should I be waiting for a response?




That's long enough. Email me at [my first name] followed by an [at symbol] followed by [our company name] [dot] [com]. I'll look into it on Monday.

Jonathan went into heart surgery on Tuesday and I went to BGG Con. Our temp, Apinya, is supposed to be taking care of customer service, but there is a good chance that she is swamped with more than 8 hours of work a day.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
So, how long should I be waiting for a response?




That's long enough. Email me at [my first name] followed by an [at symbol] followed by [our company name] [dot] [com]. I'll look into it on Monday.

Jonathan went into heart surgery on Tuesday and I went to BGG Con. Our temp, Apinya, is supposed to be taking care of customer service, but there is a good chance that she is swamped with more than 8 hours of work a day.


sent.

let me know if you didn't get an email from me in case I set it to the wrong place.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
apthebold wrote:
I have received my copy and have noticed nothing like what has been reported here. That said, I have all of the cards sleeved, making the potential size difference moot, and probably at the same time minimizing any difference in shading.


The shading is slight but easily noticeable in good lighting. I agree that sleeves will fix the size issues, but I really hate using sleeves, so that isn't a good solution for me.


At this point is still seems like an isolated problem, but we have been contacted by others that are experiencing the same problem so you're not the only one. The solution is to contact customer service at North Star Games. Go to our website and click on the "Contact Us" tab. We will find a way to take care of the problem.

I had this problem also, but the coloring doesn't bother me. We haven't really paid attention tot he deck in that much detail to care. I bought the upgrade kit and a base deck. The new base deck and climate were not the same size. However, the climate cards where the same size as the base deck I was using. I figured somehow my new base deck might be off. No worries as that will be my base deck not mixed with the expansions.

The climate cards for me were slightly brighter on the side, but I attributed that to wear on the older cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.