Subject: Scenario Quantity in Core + Deluxe Set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone else a bit bummed about the low amount of available scenarios?

Especially for the deluxe (only has 2 afaik?!) it seems not quite the bang for your buck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darius Blackwell
msg tools
mbmb
For reference how many scenarios does the mansions of madnes have ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the deluxe box just the first two chapters of a larger campaign that continues all through the first cycle of expansion packs? That would make it an 8-scenario campaign, which I think is quite enough.

As for the core - remember that there's an upper limit of how many cards they can fit in a box while keeping it at the desired price point, which they have determined to be the best price point, and that that card count is split between player cards and scenario cards. More scenarios would've meant fewer player cards, and more waste when buying multiple cores, which many people are going to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deluxe box is setting up a new 8-scenario campaign. Most of the cards in there are the encounter cards that will be reused throughout the campaign so buying the deluxe only is kind of a poor strategy and it shouldn't be evaluated purely as a standalone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've still not tired of the core set scenarios and I've had the game since Arkham Nights. I'm not in the least bit concerned as I feel that the team is just warming up for some really wild rides. I've got the Rougarou scenario still to play as well so I might be a bit spoiled but I'm still happy with the core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahzrab wrote:

Especially for the deluxe (only has 2 afaik?!) it seems not quite the bang for your buck.

I totally agree - I am bummed about the low amount of scenarios available to me. Oh wait, that's because I don't have the game yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahzrab wrote:

Not the least. I'm in for the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really feels a little strange because every LOTR LCG deluxe expansion contains 3 quests instead of just 2.
But I don't know the game yet, so it might be that the Encounter cards needed for one scenario in the Arkham LCG are much more than for one LOTR quest.

It also seems that the deluxe expansions of Arkham contain around ten fewer cards, this would be about three kinds of new player cards.

It may be a little bummer but I know myself, if I like the core set I will go all-in despite those facts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.