Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: Airlock Tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt parsons
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
One of the players suggested this in my gaming group. An Airlock, so it would be possible to blow the alien Queen out the D@$& thing!

Anyway so here's what I came up with.

THE AIR LOCK “That's because I blew it out of the goddamn air lock.”
The Air Lock tile is a special tile which opens into deep space. Any Human or Predator figure may spend 1 Action to bypass the Air Lock safeguards and open the Air Lock door. At the start of each turn that the Air Lock is open, move all figures in play (exposed to the vacuum) are moved 1 tile closer to the Air Lock door (along the shortest path). Blast Doors block exposure to the vacuum and may be used to seal sections of the ship. Note the figure opening the Air Lock this should spend the next Action moving out of the room or they will be sucked into space. The Air Lock suction has no effect on objectives or tokens.

I did some graphics and took them to a print shop to have it matted on poster board with a few other custom tiles.

Another custom tile

We're tossing around the idea of using the Powerloader as an in-game objective that a human must climb in to activate.

I can't think of a better place to put that powerloader than the Airlock room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
When it comes to the power loader as an objective, once again you and I are on the same track. I really think you will like the game mode I mentioned in another forum lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is looking good!!..because of all the bad problems Kickstarter backers had getting the game.it gave the actual game itself a bad name,but its actually a very good game!!..the minis are some of the best out there!!.and with the "revised"rules its much easier to play.although I never had any real problems playing it [house rules are your friend].but the moddability of this game is wide open and its good to see that the modding is starting to take off now.
I picked up a full set of tiles and tokens for £10 on ebay a while ago.so when I get addons I just mark up a token and use that instead of the thinner ones that come with the addon packs..luckily I was one of the first in uk to get mine.i pre-ordered I missed out on ks [luckily as it happened].so I got the full kickstarter quality set [minus ks extras].
good to see modding starting up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Can you add in a mechanic to prevent being sucked out? Bishop had the strength to save himself; Ripley was lucky she had strong arms and a grip on that railing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.