Subject: The lack of any connection to reality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There may be scores of valid reasons why Hillary Clinton is not the president elect. I can think of a dozen or two pretty easily. But media bias against her and for Trump is not on the list.

This is pretty astoundingly idiotic and at the same time is an illustration of just how totally fucking stupid most left-leaning identity ideologues are. It also fits about a dozen of the more ignorant and worthless Leftard RSP regulars.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/10/top-clinton-aide-loss-most...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
Quote:
John Podesta said the defeat was due to a pro-Donald Trump bias in the media.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
“The media always covered her as the person who would be president and therefore tried to eviscerate her before the election, but covered Trump who was someone who was entertaining and sort of gave him a pass,” said Podesta.

Apparently there's no escape once you're trapped in the politically correct bubble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe Democrats could stop calling working-class whites "deplorables" and actually figure out a way to fit them back into the Democratic coalition by addressing their needs and doing something for them....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
arrrh They're "becalmed & beset" upon an entire Ocean of what had been the initial "river of denial"! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
SPIGuy wrote:
Maybe Democrats could stop calling working-class whites "deplorables" and actually figure out a way to fit them back into the Democratic coalition by addressing their needs and doing something for them....

What specifically is ONE of their "needs"? Begin that LIST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
How about jobs to replace the millions that have been off-shored? The "concern" we get here from upper-class liberals mostly boils down to "they're fucked because they don't have any skills, and the jobs aren't coming back anyway." And then they wonder why Trump did as well as he did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:

I agree. I posted in another thread about why modern day liberals aren't the liberals I grew up with - that they are instead little more than a coalition of subgroups who all demand that their identity-ideology be catered to. The democratic party has become the party of fund raisers and pollsters. And that cannot be successful for long.

Maybe now? Maybe they can forget Howard Dean and lose the idea that elevating a "Muslim" to head their efforts (which is tokenism at it's worst) and just select from the B league bench where liberal democrats still uphold the ideals of work ethic, capitalism and pride. Those are the liberals I grew up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
SPIGuy wrote:
How about jobs to replace the millions that have been off-shored? The "concern" we get here from upper-class liberals mostly boils down to "they're fucked because they don't have any skills, and the jobs aren't coming back anyway." And then they wonder why Trump did as well as he did.

"Corporate Decisions" as in "Corporate Profits Matter MOST"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:

Much more can be done, and I would address it if I were a Congressman. They may or may not have skills, depending, but much can be done. I arguably have no skills as a liberal arts major. Arguably, anyone who is not a hunter or farmer has no skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
SPIGuy wrote:

DWTripp wrote:
I agree. I posted in another thread about why modern day liberals aren't the liberals I grew up with - that they are instead little more than a coalition of subgroups who all demand that their identity-ideology be catered to. The democratic party has become the party of fund raisers and pollsters. And that cannot be successful for long.

Maybe now? Maybe they can forget Howard Dean and lose the idea that elevating a "Muslim" to head their efforts (which is tokenism at it's worst) and just select from the B league bench where liberal democrats still uphold the ideals of work ethic, capitalism and pride. Those are the liberals I grew up with.
shake Good thing you also weren't a 'minority' around then, and even now! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

You mean a hand up rather than a hand out? I know. It's almost become a foreign concept. So much so that some of our upper-crusty, boardgaming liberals are recommending that we just expand the welfare state to cover everyone who has become unemployable because of job losses and lack of proper skill set. What they don't realize is that people want work and a sense of self-worth, not a hand out.

God help us when the Indians and Chinese get so good at coding that they all lose the high-priced jobs that allow them to stare down their noses at everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
select from the B league bench where liberal democrats still uphold the ideals of work ethic, capitalism and pride. Those are the liberals I grew up with.

The ideals of capitalism will do nothing for working-class whites except tell them to work in RetailMart for $6.96/hr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
You mean a hand up rather than a hand out? I know. It's almost become a foreign concept. So much so that some of our upper-crusty, boardgaming liberals are recommending that we just expand the welfare state to cover everyone who has become unemployable because of job losses and lack of proper skill set. What they don't realize is that these people want work and a sense of self-worth, not a hand out.

God help us when the Indians and Chinese get so good at coding that they all lose the high-priced jobs that allow them to stare down their noses at everyone else.

The solution is obvious: our infrastructure is terrible and needs billions if not trillions of man hours to rebuild. That includes ditch diggers. That includes high-skill electrical and railway and aerospace and communication engineers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

Much more can be done, and I would address it if I were a Congressman. They may or may not have skills, depending, but much can be done. I arguably have no skills as a liberal arts major. Arguably, anyone who is not a hunter or farmer has no skills.

That's factually incorrect. There are dozens of skills that while mostly manual, like farming or hunting, are also skills that require street smarts, problem solving skills and a higher levee of intelligence than they are given credit for. Think of the house you live in and all of the things that make it comfortable, safe and also that are required to maintain it. Have you ever tried to lay concrete, or install plumbing or an electrical box? To assess and properly fix pest infestations or understand why an irrigation system or roof isn't performing properly?

I think this is why Mike Rowe has become so popular - he speaks to the idea that there is happiness, satisfaction and economic reward in acquiring and practicing skill sets that are not "college" skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The solution is obvious: our infrastructure is terrible and needs billions if not trillions of man hours to rebuild".

And that is my problem with republicans, they expect the market to build it but the market wont! The market will however milk it for all it's worth and scream if those utilities aren't there for it.

If you have to pay welfare may as well 'create' a job paying a living wage for some one wether skilled or not doing a task the country needs.
That way at least they get to put money back into the economy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
[

That's factually incorrect. There are dozens of skills that while mostly manual, like farming or hunting, are also skills that require street smarts, problem solving skills and a higher levee of intelligence than they are given credit for. Think of the house you live in and all of the things that make it comfortable, safe and also that are required to maintain it. Have you ever tried to lay concrete, or install plumbing or an electrical box? To assess and properly fix pest infestations or understand why an irrigation system or roof isn't performing properly?

I think this is why Mike Rowe has become so popular - he speaks to the idea that there is happiness, satisfaction and economic reward in acquiring and practicing skill sets that are not "college" skills.
surprise "Hunting Street Smarts"! ALSO "house leveling" such as in ONE or more 'ends'/corners being upraised since DUE from 'civic culvert' CAUSED our foundation "sinking further withinto the swampland"! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

You're right. I like Mike Rowe. I was just posting quickly. Would you include EMT in non-college skills?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
"The solution is obvious: our infrastructure is terrible and needs billions if not trillions of man hours to rebuild".

And that is my problem with republicans, they expect the market to build it but the market wont! The market will however milk it for all it's worth and scream if those utilities aren't there for it.

If you have to pay welfare may as well 'create' a job paying a living wage for some one wether skilled or not doing a task the country needs.
That way at least they get to put money back into the economy.

It's absolute silliness that in my community, which is like 60% Wall Street Bankers (salaries $500,000+), we won't invest in transit that will get from NJ to NYC, and when we do, it frequently breaks down due to a bit of rain. We have one tunnel from 1896.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
[

surprise "Hunting Street Smarts"! ALSO "house leveling" such as in ONE or more 'ends'/corners being upraised since DUE from 'civic culvert' CAUSED our foundation "sinking further withinto the swampland"! soblue

Wow. Sorry to hear that. That is a huge expense and a terrible problem.

My son and I watched over a month or so as a house was lifted off it's crumbling foundation, held aloft by jacks while a crew laid entirely new foundations, wiring and plumbing and then the house was reset on the new foundation and now it's being renovated. It's in an historic location but the costs and "manual" skills required to do such a job are impressive. I have no idea why anyone would spend the money but I'm pretty sure the deplorables doing the work are cheerful about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
WE were certainly "deplorably unhappy" as those very ONES doing this ourselves, and that was to SAVE as much $$$$ then. Luckily, a small local "Lumber"-outfit supplied TWICE the amount of 'products' required that still cost much less than any other and they even made theirs as 'true-measure' 2X4s, 4X6s, etc. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

You're right. I like Mike Rowe. I was just posting quickly. Would you include EMT in non-college skills?

Yes. Here's an interesting personal story - a good friend of mine served as an Army corpsman (Vietnam, duh, my age group) and during his two tours performed several hundred surgeries in the field hospitals. No he wasn't a doctor and no he didn't have even an hour of college. But he was awesome with a scalpel and suture. He ended up, in the 80's, as a surgical nurse in Sacramento where his talents and experience were highly prized and sought after. he performed (with an actual doctor present) hundreds more difficult surgeries during his career, invented some sort of medical device that can quickly be attached to hold the two ends of a severed artery together and while he never got rich-rich, made great money, got laid a lot, drove cool cars and retired with a comfortable home and a decent bank account.

All because he was selected to do the grunt work of fixing shot up and blown up soldiers after he was drafted.

I have a son who will not go to college because of his learning disability - but he has some pretty marketable potential talents already and with the right selection of classes and steering him gently towards those things he already loves I am about 90% certain he will end up with a good income and a happy life. I think maybe Trump, for all his negatives, speaks to a lot of people on a level that they react positively toward. Having one kid out of three that isn't college "material" doesn't define anyone's value. There are tens of millions of people who actually want good satisfying work and don;t really care about getting rich as much as they care about the contentment a person can get when they work at something and do it well.

Hillary and her ilk called those people deplorables and they chose Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
The media gave Trump a pass?

He said that? What? That's why she lost?

Mind. Blown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

I wouldn't. EMT is a semester at a community college and you'll be lucky to get a part time job on an ambulance. Most EMTs are like I was, volunteers at a local fire department. To make a living in EMS you want to be a paramedic, which is a two year degree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
This is pretty astoundingly idiotic and at the same time is an illustration of just how totally fucking stupid most left-leaning identity ideologues are. It also fits about a dozen of the more ignorant and worthless Leftard RSP regulars.
Koldfoot wrote:
The media gave Trump a pass?

Damn Leftards!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.