Subject: Total chaos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Koltes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game and I had a thought. What if after activating the haunt instead ignore other haunts you keep on activating them as they pop up. Has anyone tried this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You still activate the omen cards as they come up. You just no longer do haunt rolls.

If you mean continue doing haunt rolls and potentially activate a second different scenario with its own rules and set up, then: No. Just No. Stop. Stop it right there.

The rules in a single haunt sometimes lack internal consistency, trying to tackle two sets of rules would be bedlam in an entirely unfun sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely convinced this is an awful idea. I think the title of the thread summarizes exactly what would happen, but it might be fun nonetheless. I keep picturing multiple traitors saying "but this was MY deathtrap!"

I think the only really important rule is that the traitor should not be allowed to be selected as the traitor for additional haunts. Each traitor should have one "thing", be it a possession or whatever. Specific haunt interactions may require thematic rulings, so it might help to have a moderator. (There was an old Magic: The Gathering variant like this; I think it was called Lawyer Magic? You could petition for different effects based on the theme and flavor of the cards used.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Shaffstall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The interactions between different haunts could be interesting. And the dwindling pool of heroes would give the traitors a chance, even as the traitors try to sabotage each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.