Subject: Marvel Mini Expansion: Luke Cage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My Usual Intro...
Inspired by the original custom ideas of Stu Anderson (andjosh05 https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1056972/marvel-expansion-av) and others in the variant section. I decided to add-on to the Marvel characters with character specific theme mini expansions instead of trying to make big boxed sets.

This is for entertainment purposes only. Not to be sold. All art work and characters belong to Marvel comics and the respective creators.

Watching the Marvel Netflix series of shows has inspired me to make this set and all of the Defenders characters (Netflix Defenders). The best parts of these sets is that Marvel Legendary has made a version to model these Heroes after. Although I am modeling, it doesn't mean they directly translate.

Next up is Luke Cage a.k.a. Power Man. Marvel Comics original Superman (although they will never see him that way. Read Grant Morrison's New 52 Superman's origin to see what I mean. Same power set and " champion for the people")

Luke's Oversized Superhero card has a fun ability to put a Kick in your hand after you play a Defense. So make sure you buy up those Kicks to give Luke a strength advantage. His Hero card represents in his tough skin in a Defense card that keeps going to the top of your deck if used for a Defense.

His Oversized Secret Wars card is Heroes for Hire. Their ability allows them to discard a Hero and gain VP tokens. It represents the money they make and can be used later similar to Forever Evil. Their Super Hero card (not oversize but the card the Villains or other Heroes may fight) target Defensive cards (Iron Fist punch) and takes your VP tokens (Luke Cage taking your pride).

Harlem gets a location card and it allows your first Hero played to get a +2. This represents the Luke Cage getting encouragement from the community for being Harlem's first Super Hero from the Marvel Universe.

The Secret Wars card, Falsely Accused, is fun and playable but can be annoying to get ride of...just like a prison record.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Page 2 are the allies of Cage.

All the allies are mostly from the Netflix series. This include Iron Fist's attorney Jerlyn Hogarth who appeared on Jessica Jones. In the Netflix series he is a she but all other characteristics remain the same. Jerlyn's lawyer ability allows player to pay him in VP to get his legal help (draw a card). Not as good as Nelson and Murdock but we all can't be Masters of the Law. None of the characters are game breakers but they do provide a boost to our heroes or discard and/or destruction fodder.

Dakota North was Nelson & Murdock's private detective for a while with John Garrick from the comic Electra Assassin. (See how I'm tying all this together?) Dakota North's detective ability is represented in her ability to reveal cards and place them on top or bottom of the deck. Similar to Ben Urich from the Daredevil mini expansion but...she isn't as good as Ben with the detective work. Heck, he figured out Matt was Daredevil without anyone's help.

Daredevil page 2
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3248061/freedfromthematrix2?...

Stay tuned. More to come. That includes other allies and Villains and a few surprises that I hope will please.

As always, your feedback and comments are welcomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.