BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Good Solo game with very few expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Which solo games have the best replayability? I would prefer something that comes with creatures and that is doesnt have more than 2 expansions (because.. Well.. Then I gotta collect them all, thats how I am and im afraid it could get pretty expensive).

Also replayability must be good Even if it dorsnt have much expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The obvious ones ...

Mage Knight Board Game
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Otherwise ...

Gears of War: The Board Game
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game
Shadowrun: Crossfire
Friday

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:

Awesome game, but it does have more than 2 expansions now.

My favs:
Mice and Mystics is a great co-op that only has 2 expansions (so far).
Onirim (second edition) has 7 expansions (modules) included, and only 2 separate ones which were realeased as promos. The included expansions and combinations thereof, give it lots of replayability.

(By the way, Mice and Mystics has creatures, but Onirim is abstract and card-based.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnston
msg tools
Elder Sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MIGBAT wrote:
Elder Sign.

The only way that Elder Sign only has two expansions is if expansion 1 is Arkham Horror Big Box and expansion 2 is Eldritch Horror Big Box
goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I'm not sure what "comes with creatures" mean? Miniatures?
Or are cards okay too?

Ghost stories has only 2 expansions total (and isn't likely to have anymore) and the second one is for non-solo only.

Xcom can be fun solo and the only expansion isn't even out yet. But it's only decent solo if you can play on a tv (looking at phone is annoying)

Mage Knight as suggested above is probably one of the best solo games of all times.

Heroes Wanted is great for solo. It has multiple expansions but you really don't need them all or even any.

Also you can check the D&D games like
Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight Board Game is the obvious pick.

Sure, in theory there are THREE expansions. But one of them is just a small character expansion. And really only the first expansion "Lost Legion" is one that every Mage Knight lover should get. And finally, there is PLENTY of replayability in the core box alone. I would eventually recommend getting Lost Legions, because it is awesome, but it absolutely is not needed in any way whatsoever. The base game is pretty close to perfection by itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
BlueSwan wrote:
Mage Knight Board Game is the obvious pick.

Sure, in theory there are THREE expansions. But one of them is just a small character expansion. And really only the first expansion "Lost Legion" is one that every Mage Knight lover should get. And finally, there is PLENTY of replayability in the core box alone. I would eventually recommend getting Lost Legions, because it is awesome, but it absolutely is not needed in any way whatsoever. The base game is pretty close to perfection by itself.

Sorry for hijack but i have onde question. Is it true that the game is pretty complex to learn? Im looking for A good solo game to an have looked at mage Night to. But Im A little scared of the complexity of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
Dummiz wrote:
But Im A little scared of the complexity of the game?

I got the game yesterday and while it's complex and you'll need some time to really understand all the rules, it's not that bad. It's a lot to learn at first, took me 2 hours to read both rulebooks, but I feel quite confident that I don't have to look up much next time I play. It really helps watching a playthrough video of the game before trying to play it tho. So, yeah, it's very complex and can be a bit overwhelming at first but it's not that hard to learn imo. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dummiz wrote:
Sorry for hijack but i have onde question. Is it true that the game is pretty complex to learn? Im looking for A good solo game to an have looked at mage Night to. But Im A little scared of the complexity of the game?

The rules are very intimidating, but in the end, the game is not overly hard to play or anything. The little "cheat sheet" cards for the various places help keeping the look-ups low.

There are a few details you have to get down, but after a few plays it should be pretty easy.

And yeah, I would also watch a video playthrough before getting down to reading the rules, that should help a lot.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
Awesome game, but it does have more than 2 expansions now.

Yes, but we will have to make an exception here.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the various 'states of siege' games put out by Victory Point Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercutio Capulet
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
The 7th continent is an incredible solo game. It is a Kickstarter an was Fundes in 2015. I played it at Essen this year. It totally blew off my mind!
At the moment It is Not at retail but may be in the near future!?
It comes with over 800 cards and nice little miniatures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Fleet Commander: Nimitz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewis & Clark

Just played it solo myself this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tal Lavi
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanee wrote:

I just ordered Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game as well, its 15$ with shipping and it has stellar reviews.
Almost everyone say that there is no need for anything other than the base game, and if you want an expansion they are cheap as hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.