Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stk mx
United States
Elburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my KS game with an additional card called 'A Glorious Death'. At first I thought it was a weather card that gets shuffled into the weather deck, essentially being a different timing mechanism. I was thinking if drawn, the game immediately ends and all players tally their scores. But after reading the back of the card, it is a card given to a player that is eliminated from the game by losing their captain. Is this correct? Am I missing something? A player gets eliminated from the game and then receive a card? What if a second player loses their captain, does the card pass? It doesn't seem to serve a purpose to game play, and it would have been nice to receive something extra that would enhance the game. Again, am I missing something in my understanding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
You are disintegrating.Into everything around.Reintegrating.The worm we dug from higher ground.You have let go of ego.Ego is no longer you.Closer to nirvana.Since the porter's whistle blew. With Us!
mbmbmbmbmb
A boobie prize, thank you memento of sorts

From Update #2
Quote:
This card is both a thank you and a memento for being part of the realization of the game. Produced in limited numbers and only be available during this campaign, at our rare convention appearances, and a select online store after the campaign, the card introduces a rather unique story function into the game:

Card effect: Should your Captain perish on the snowy tundras of the Pole, you may claim this card. Though your team is eliminated from the race, the annals of history will see fit to remember your Captain, above all others. Everyone loves a polar hero - especially a dead one! Let the Glorious Death card be your historic vindication.

The rear side of the card describes the game effect in English, Norwegian, German and Japanese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question. I have to say that was kind of silly to go through all that work to create and print a card that does absolutely nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
You are disintegrating.Into everything around.Reintegrating.The worm we dug from higher ground.You have let go of ego.Ego is no longer you.Closer to nirvana.Since the porter's whistle blew. With Us!
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
I have to say that was kind of silly to go through all that work to create and print a card that does absolutely nothing.
Individually wrapped in a zipped bag, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stkmx1 wrote:
...am I missing something in my understanding?

Nope, it's a card that does nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, two nights ago, as my wife's captain safely boarded her ship while my captain passed away on the icy crags of Antarctica, I clutched that card to my breast, thankful that my heroism had not gone unnoticed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davethevenerable wrote:
Hey, two nights ago, as my wife's captain safely boarded her ship while my captain passed away on the icy crags of Antarctica, I clutched that card to my breast, thankful that my heroism had not gone unnoticed!

Well, at least it did SOMETHING then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davethevenerable wrote:

As someone that has been eliminated from the game, I found the card quite comforting too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.