Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Dune at a recent convention (yay). The redesign set we played had some interesting component ideas which inspired me consider making adjustments to my own (neglected) redesign set.

On inspection I found the below redesign tokens (1-5) which I have forgotten their intended purpose. If anyone can identify, please chime in.

1) I have multiple copies of #1, enough for each player.

2 Presumably #4 and #5 are indicators for the shield wall and family atomics? Or maybe it's a las gun explosion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Chaaaarge!!
badge
First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Electron Cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Ornithopter/harvester bonus status? Extra stronghold? Cone of silence? That poison effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
According to my knowledge they are (from left to right):

BLOCK - should be 7 or 8 of them - used in Duel arena
TURN - marker for turn track (looks like H)
KWISATZ HADERACH - marker for use on Kwisatz Haderach card (should be in upright position)
SIECH - marker used on Base Camp Bonus Card
ATOMICS - marks shield wall destroyed with atomics

Also in this pack there are Spice Lighter marker and Shai-Hulud Marker (not shown here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
neur0mancer wrote:
According to my knowledge they are (from left to right):

BLOCK - should be 7 or 8 of them - used in Duel arena
TURN - marker for turn track (looks like H)
KWISATZ HADERACH - marker for use on Kwisatz Haderach card (should be in upright position)
SIECH - marker used on Base Camp Bonus Card
ATOMICS - marks shield wall destroyed with atomics

Also in this pack there are Spice Lighter marker and Shai-Hulud Marker (not shown here)

Exactly right. The block tokens can also be used for The General version of the Landsraad. (But don't; we tried and it's pretty broken.)

Source: I created these. Just in case anyone is now searching Ilya's files for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes i know that tokens are not of Ilya design, but unfortunately i forgot who gets the credit for them.

Congrats on great work - as i can remember you also made some cards for various Dune expansions all compatible with Ilya artwork.

5-6 years ago i downloaded all the files to make a copy of Dune for myself - alas i never had a time for such a demanding task. Also i lack some files to make all houses for Grand Dune version

@ Robrob - Thanks for the geekgold

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
neur0mancer wrote:
Also i lack some files to make all houses for Grand Dune version

I think I might be able to do something about that. Check your geekmail.

Sorry if my post sounded self-promoting. It's just that the file section is a mess and I feel the need to link to things during discussions if I know where they are, whether they're my uploads or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much - those are files that i have been missing in order to make complete version of the game (in fact there are even two more factions)

I hope that i will someday have more free time to make this wonderful game for myself as a true Dune universe fan.

Meanwhile i have made Dune Express version (with 10 factions) using available files from "real" Dune (with small improvisations to compensate for missing files) - as you can see i used some of your artwork for counters https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3225935/dune-express?siz...

Your post is not self promoting - just opposite it is game promoting, considering that you made some order in otherwise chaotic collection of Dune game files. Thank you once again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.