4 Posts

London Dread» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Players and action dice in the endgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Harrington
msg tools
mbmb
Played the 'Letter' story last night. We had 2 players and made it through the endgame challenges to leave each player with 4 dice available for the showdown. Note that unfortunately, we obtained no extra dice through Plot investigations. The 'Dread' level meant we needed 6 successes, almost impossible with so few dice. Are we playing the rules right for the endgame or have we missed something? I ask because if no dice are ever obtained prior to the endgame the most dice we could ever hope to get with 2 players would appear to be 8. That would seem to make winning the game very hard with 2 players, even with fewer Dread cards in play.

That said, even if we did play it right and it is that hard, it was a BRILLIANT experience!!! Well done Grey Fox

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmb
Playing with 2 players you start with 2 dice each.
And you do all the endgame challenges (IIRC 6) instead of only 3.

That way you do have the chance to gather (2*2)+(2*6)=16 dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harrington
msg tools
mbmb
Ah, that would make a difference! I've just rechecked the rules and I don't know how I missed that. Everything else played out perfectly. Thank you for being so clear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
After 3 'test'-games we changed 2 player rules a little a bit.

- 1. You can choose to drop out 'after' the challenge is revealed

And because in 2 games an investigator died during the endgame, simply because of drawing the personal trauma card and failing the challenge (2x unhinged and 2x injured right in the 1st challenge the second time), which means you will loose the game, since 1 player rarely can get enough dice for the final roll.

- 2. remove the trauma card from the personal deck and do not shuffle the used card back into the deck, instead draw the top card as a bonus for each challenge

we thought about adding the personal card to the investigator hand, but are not sure if that would balance well.
Another thought we had after the games: An empty slot on your clock allows you to take one of the 3 items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.