Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Hill
United Kingdom
newtownards
county down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this game could have four sets of coloured Bases (similar to the ones in Conan) to tell who controls which miniatures. Just had a look at a session report and it was hard to tell which side figures belong to. Not so bad in a 2 player game (if they're not mine they're his). However in a multi player game clip on coloured Bases would show each faction at a glance.

I've never played the game (and I'm sitting on the fence with the Kickstarter) so maybe those who have played multi player will know if this would help.

Cheers,
Stuart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be no coloured bases. There is no need for coloured bases in a game with this few models.
If you absolutely cannot distinguish hoplites from spartans or Hades from Zeus you can use pipecleaners in different colours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
The coloured bases in Conan are to distinguish between groups of figures within the same side. So if there are 3 groups of 4 pict warriors on the board, they may all be the same sculpt but the clip on colours make it possible to distinguish between the groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hill
United Kingdom
newtownards
county down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My point was that the coloured Bases would remind me who controls the Spartans and that they are in the same faction as Jason and Zeus (etc. etc) in a 4 player game.

Most multi player games I play (even ones where each player has a single counter/ meeple/ thing) use colours to distinguish each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hello Guys,

We ran about 800 public demoes of the game. I think one third of them were 4 players games. We collected the feedbacks from these demoes and it was never reported that the players could not distinguish the units they controlled from these they did not.

Now, we are listening to the requests we are getting during the KS campaign. Some other people also mentioned their wish to have colour bases in the game. So we now thinking about it. We do not know yet if we will do it or not. If we do, we also have to find out how we will include them. Anyway, we will let you know as soon as we come up with a decision.

If we include colour bases, I think this will only be for heroes and troops. There is no risks I think to confuse the Minotaur with Cerberus or the Hydra… and the other way around

Thank you very much for your support We sincerely appreciate!

Benoit (game designer of Mythic Battles: Pantheon)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hill
United Kingdom
newtownards
county down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If over 1,000 people didn't have a problem identifying different factions maybe it isn't an issue.

It's just that if I'm introducing the game I'll probably select 4 factions beforehand (for the first game or two with new players). If the players weren't involved in the drafting stage and are just learning the game I can see lots of "who controlling those/ that" type questions.

And I'll admit my obsessive compulsive side wants to see each team identified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played it four player and never had an issue. The units are easy to distinguish, you know which are yours (and by extension which aren't yours), if you can't remember who has the Hydra then you can just check who has the Hydra dashboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
stuart_greyabbey wrote:
If over 1,000 people didn't have a problem identifying different factions maybe it isn't an issue.

It's just that if I'm introducing the game I'll probably select 4 factions beforehand (for the first game or two with new players). If the players weren't involved in the drafting stage and are just learning the game I can see lots of "who controlling those/ that" type questions.

And I'll admit my obsessive compulsive side wants to see each team identified.

I think you underline an important thing: as players draft the miniatures at the beginning of the game and as all miniatures are unique (except from troops but they remain together), I think it is quite easy to know who belongs to whom…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add 'em in so that the Conan backers who didn't pick up enough can get more! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Sam and Max wrote:
Just add 'em in so that the Conan backers who didn't pick up enough can get more! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.