$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pax Renaissance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does causing a vote in a foreign tableau take the Empire in your tableau? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beorne
Italy
Forli'
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are not so clear.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a Regime Change (see glossary).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beorne
Italy
Forli'
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbanera wrote:

Thanks.
My doubts because the glossary regime changes entry say that when one takes an empire from another tableau it is automatically put on the king side, and this in contradiction with the vote rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Beorne wrote:
barbanera wrote:

Thanks.
My doubts because the glossary regime changes entry say that when one takes an empire from another tableau it is automatically put on the king side, and this in contradiction with the vote rules.

No contradiction: it will come to your tableau on the King side. Even if it was a Republic. You voted to bring back monarchy. Vote is just another way to effect a Regime Change. At least, that's how I understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RvdH
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most notable difference between a vote and other actions that cause a regime change is that you cannot hold a vote if the empire is still in the empire stack (i.e. it is not controlled by any player).

The only way to get a republic is if an empire is in your own tableau ánd you cause a regime change in it (except when you campaign against it; a campaign never results in a republic). You cannot get a republic from another player. It always flips back to the king side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.