$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.7% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks to work better for 1vs1 or 2vs2 but i'm interesting how does this game works if each player is alone in skirmish mode 1vs1vs1vs1???

Does anyone know if the senarios will support 4 players its one alone??

In the game there will be rules for solo game??skirmish mode or senarios for only one player??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I designed the game, and I also do prefer the 1 vs 1 and the 2 vs 2 modes.

Other modes (everybody for himself with 3 or 4 players) are very fun. Players are more tempted to set temporary alliances and stab each other in the back at the opportune time.

But the game is less strategical than 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2. I am mostly interested in strategy. This is essentially what I wanted to put into the game. In these two modes the best player(s) win. That is not necessarily the case for everybody for himself modes.

Some scenarios will be 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 1. We do not plan at this stage to have everybody for himself scenarios.

The rule will not include solo game rules. But there will be a cooperative scenario in the core game that you could play solo.

Benoit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
I designed the game, and I also do prefer the 1 vs 1 and the 2 vs 2 modes.

Must say I am VERY anxious to see the 2 vs 2 rules as some of my friends like coop games and this would be the perfcect "middle ground" with both competition and cooperation involved.

Also the fact that the base game is 1 vs 1 is very much fun, most games aren't very good in the 1 vs 1 modus and are far more enjoyable with 4 players. I can't imagine it won't be a welcome addition to my collection! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhm... 2vs2 is pretty much the same as 1vs1, there are no real special rules needed. There are just bigger armies on the board (1 god each and 8 RP each, so 16 RP per side compared to 12 RP in the 1vs1 skirmish). Order of play alternates between the two sides.

Goal is to have one god (or one side maybe?) absorb the approriate amount of Omphalos, or kill ONE god (there is a 2vs2 game video out from the designers).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I very much prefer the chaos of a 4 player, free for all game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanee wrote:
Uhm... 2vs2 is pretty much the same as 1vs1, there are no real special rules needed. There are just bigger armies on the board (1 god each and 8 RP each, so 16 RP per side compared to 12 RP in the 1vs1 skirmish). Order of play alternates between the two sides.

Goal is to have one god (or one side maybe?) absorb the approriate amount of Omphalos, or kill ONE god (there is a 2vs2 game video out from the designers).

Bye
Thanee

Yes, 1vs1 and 2vs2 are a kind of the same. But I would not say the only difference is about bigger armies. 2vs2 also allows more combos as all of the effects affecting your troops also affect these of your partner.

Also to win a 2vs2, you just may kill one of the 2 opposite gods. You may then focus your assault on one of them. The same applies to Omphalos victory condition: all omphalos absorbed by the two gods of the same team are considered altogether. 2vs2 is really about team work.

So it the end I think the feeling is really different from 1vs1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Uhm... 2vs2 is pretty much the same as 1vs1, there are no real special rules needed.

Perhaps, but it feels a lot different than 1v1v1v1 or 1v1~!
Some people really like the added cooperation thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
London
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some coop would be great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Perhaps, but it feels a lot different than 1v1v1v1 or 1v1~!

Oh, I am not denying that. It's fun to work together. I'm a big fan of cooperative games as well.

Just saying, that the game works (pretty much) the same, mechanically, wether you play 1vs1 or 2vs2. That doesn't say, that it also feels the same.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion you should check the gameplay for each player alone (4players.....maybe a bigger double side board would be great)
I disagree that 1vs1vs1vs1 isn't strategical .It has everything... strategy tactical negotiation backstabbing and a lot of fun!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
In my opinion you should check the gameplay for each player alone. I disagree that 1vs1vs1vs1 isn't strategical .It has everything... strategy tactical negotiation backstabbing and a lot of fun!!!!

I don't think anyone said 1v1v1v1 isn't a strategic thing! cool

It's just that there's not many fun board games that offer a good 1vs1, a normal 1v1v1v1 and a nice 2v2. For me (and my fellow gamers) it's one of the great added values of MB: P.

Quote:
4players.....maybe a bigger double side board would be great

Sure, I think I read some boards fit together to make a bigger 60x120cm board?
Very happy that it's not a 90x90 board or something .. doesn't really fit that well on most people's tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
matsas wrote:
In my opinion you should check the gameplay for each player alone. I disagree that 1vs1vs1vs1 isn't strategical .It has everything... strategy tactical negotiation backstabbing and a lot of fun!!!!

I don't think anyone said 1v1v1v1 isn't a strategic thing! cool

It's just that there's not many fun board games that offer a good 1vs1, a normal 1v1v1v1 and a nice 2v2. For me (and my fellow gamers) it's one of the great added values of MB: P.

Quote:
4players.....maybe a bigger double side board would be great

Sure, I think I read some boards fit together to make a bigger 60x120cm board?
Very happy that it's not a 90x90 board or something .. doesn't really fit that well on most people's tables.

Μy mistake....not isn't strategic but less strategic with 4 players as Benoit said.A normal 1vs1vs1vs1 it's good for me but is it?Thats i want to know!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
matsas wrote:
]
Μy mistake....not isn't strategic but less strategic with 4 players as Benoit said.A normal 1vs1vs1vs1 it's good for me but is it?Thats i want to know!!!!

Do not worry, we ran more than 800 public demoes and I can insure you that 1vs1vs1 is a solid game mode. Very fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who isn't a fan of confrontational games, let me tell you that i LOVE Mythic Battles in 2v2 format, but the regular, 1v1 game was a BLAST! Even better than the other (i'd add "by far" if superlatives weren't an exageration ^^), in fact.

I was convinced by the 2v2 due to the mechanisms (from draft to combat & its dice system, not forgetting the kill vs opmphalos victory conditions & the Art of War cards that bring sooooo much startegy to the game), i became a cult follower after playing 1v1 (on the regular format... to be fair, the "short games" were actually too short & unforgiving (as in, you make a mistake your opponent spots, you basically lose))

Have no fear towards the 1v1 game, it will definitely convince you - if not more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barlimann wrote:
As someone who isn't a fan of confrontational games, let me tell you that i LOVE Mythic Battles in 2v2 format, but the regular, 1v1 game was a BLAST! Even better than the other (i'd add "by far" if superlatives weren't an exageration ^^), in fact.

Lucky French and your playtest demo's ...

But it's very reassuring that the game has been extensively tested for mechanics and balance! I haven't read from anyone that they had a disappointing experience doing so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Teowulff wrote:

But it's very reassuring that the game has been extensively tested for mechanics and balance! I haven't read from anyone that they had a disappointing experience doing so!

The game was also demoed during last GenCon and Essen fairs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Teowulff wrote:

The game was also demoed during last GenCon and Essen fairs

In that case, lucky americans and germans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.